So for Mother's Day weekend we decided to head south and spend the weekend at South Padre Island. We took Emmi and Kaleb out of school early on Friday and headed down. That night we took a dinner sunset cruise. It wasn't what we expected, but we still had a good time. We had grilled shrimp, fajitas, and fresh fruit for dinner. Everything tasted really good. The kids chowed down on the shrimp! On Saturday we headed out to the beach after breakfast, and learned how to make sand castles. The lady who taught us was in Barnum and Baileys Circus for 5 years and was very good with the kids. After that we rented 2 wave runners and went for a 2 hour tour of the island. Mia and Brody both fell asleep while we were out, but the were awake to see the dolphins. It was really cool! After all the time in the sun, I was ready for a nap so we all went back and everyone watched TV while I slept. When I woke up we went and saw some friends who were camping and played at the park. The kids had wanted to swim in the pool all day, so we went back to the hotel and went swimming, then to bed. On Sunday, we just had breakfast and headed back home. We all had a great time and can't wait to be able to go down again. (Although, I still like Florida beaches better.)
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Mother's Day Weekend
So for Mother's Day weekend we decided to head south and spend the weekend at South Padre Island. We took Emmi and Kaleb out of school early on Friday and headed down. That night we took a dinner sunset cruise. It wasn't what we expected, but we still had a good time. We had grilled shrimp, fajitas, and fresh fruit for dinner. Everything tasted really good. The kids chowed down on the shrimp! On Saturday we headed out to the beach after breakfast, and learned how to make sand castles. The lady who taught us was in Barnum and Baileys Circus for 5 years and was very good with the kids. After that we rented 2 wave runners and went for a 2 hour tour of the island. Mia and Brody both fell asleep while we were out, but the were awake to see the dolphins. It was really cool! After all the time in the sun, I was ready for a nap so we all went back and everyone watched TV while I slept. When I woke up we went and saw some friends who were camping and played at the park. The kids had wanted to swim in the pool all day, so we went back to the hotel and went swimming, then to bed. On Sunday, we just had breakfast and headed back home. We all had a great time and can't wait to be able to go down again. (Although, I still like Florida beaches better.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
can I come next time? looks like a lot of fun.
It looks like a lot of fun. I want to vacation with you guys! I am so excited you have a blog. We do too. Come check us out.
http://www.ashbysunlimited.blogspot.com
Yeah! What a fun trip!!! I love your family photos and your sandcastles look great! Isn't blogging fun?! Your blog looks great too! Tell everyone hello from the Orton's!
Jennifer & Scott It really looks like you all are enjoying to the max!!
I do wish i was there too. great page to keep up with the Daniels.
love it miss you
carrie yes carriechs
Post a Comment