Monday, June 9, 2008

Let's get married

So, Jennifer is officially crazy! Rumor has gotten around that she is an awesome chef (probably due to the fact she has to get me out of bed and work the fat off me). She was approached a few weeks ago by a lady who asked her to bake 500 cookies and a grooms cake for her son's wedding. A grooms cake is a southern tradition, a cake for the groom to be served along with the wedding cake. She accepted the offer, then spent the next week or so stressing over it. I think last Wednesday was the worst, because that is the day she decided to bake the entire 500 cookies! The cookies were flower shaped butter cookies with a strawberry jam filling. The cake was a three layer Texas sheet cake. It took Jennifer quite a while to complete everything. All this without any discussion on how much she was going to get paid! It turned out great though. The product was awesome, and the lady was very generous.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Incredible! I had no idea Jennifer was so talented. That cake looks toooo good!! Great job!!

Weaver's Web said...

Pretty impressive I must say. You know other uses for frozen grapes?

Lorinda said...

Those look sooo delicious! Awesome!!

Stacy Pincock said...

WOW! What a ton of work!!! How long did this take you? I wish I could bake like you!!!

Orton Family said...

Wow - This looks sooo yummy! Good work Jennifer!