Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer Posts

So since my husband keep pestering me, I guess I can give you a summer update. I will say that here in Washington, it has not been the best summer weather. I think we had 2 weeks where it actually felt like summer. Where to begin. School got out here on the 18th of June. The next week we headed over to Northern Idaho where it was nice and warm, saw lots of friends, spent time with family, and got a tan by the pool.

We returned from Idaho, and I almost turned back after coming over the mountains. The temperature had dropped 15-20 degrees, and it was gray and nasty out.

At the end of June, Kaleb had his 10th birthday. He was very excited to turn 10, I was very sad. My kids really are growing up so fast! He wanted to spend the day with friends at Chucky Cheese. We had a great time, and everyone got lots of tickets!



So another couple stories about Kaleb. He is the most creative kid, and is always making me laugh, or wanting to pull my hair out. One day he wanted to go shot his BB gun, and couldn't find his eye glasses that he uses for eye protection, so he got out the next best thing, goggles. Oh my goodness, I laughed so hard when I saw him out there. Crazy, smart kid!

So like I mentioned earlier, he also makes me want to pull my hair out. So on one particular day, we were not getting along very well, so as punishment for whatever it was we were fighting about, he had to mow the lawn. Before Scott left, the lawnmower was giving us problems, and he was able to fix it. Since then though, it feels as if you are running behind the mower. Needless to say the lawn gets done really fast. Anyways back to the story, Kaleb was mowing the lawn and running behind it, again super funny to watch. The pictures just don't do it justice.



After Kaleb's birthday we had 2 weeks before all of our visitors started to arrive. We spent time with friends, picked strawberries, made lots of jam and spent a lot of time at the park. I think this season the kids and I picked berries about 3 times. Yum!


Next came my birthday. I drove down to Seattle to pick up my Aunt Dani. Scott sent me a package with a birthday present. It was a great day. Dani barbecued for me. (Those who know, I can cook, but not very well on the grill. The last time I tried to make steak, it didn't turn out.) I even had my favorite ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

So I have the most awesome friends and family ever. Part of my birthday present from Scott was a day of pampering. My friend Patti came and watched the kids for me, while Dani and I went out. It started off with a mani/pedi, then it was off to lunch at a great Mexican place, some shopping, and then an hour massage. It was wonderful! I really didn't think Scott was going to do anything for my birthday, so I bought myself a patio set. The kids and I love it, and when it is nice out we eat dinner outside.


While Dani was here, we went to the beach. Don't let the pictures fool you, it was cold out!



While Dani was here, my bother, mom and grandmother also flew out to visit. It was a full house, but I think we all had a great time. We were super busy, and did a lot of fun things. One was that we went up to Vancouver B.C. to attend the Temple there. It was an adventure to get there though. After bad directions and drive the wrong way for 45 minutes, we missed our scheduled session, and made the next one with only 5 minutes. I was sure grateful that we were able to make it in. We had wanted to explore Vancouver itself, but after all the wrong way driving, we just wanted to make it home. It was a adventurous 11 hours.



We decided to take Grandma to the beach, where we were able to get a four generation picture. How cool is that! (Again another chilly day, at least the sun was out though!)


We have all sorts of cute little towns around here, and we went to visit one of them. As we were walking we waved down this biker. He was the nicest guy ever, and took my grandma and I on a little tour. It was way fun!


Lets see, we also spent a day in Seattle going to the Crab Pot for lunch, fought with a crazy lady over a lost little girl, went to pike place market and then off to the airport to drop Dani off to go back home.

Then it was off to Idaho to visit my sister. I don't have pictures, because I always forget my camera. But it was beautiful over there, and we had a great time. We talked her into driving over here so that we could spend more time with her. Still a full home, but defiantly a fun one. We all laughed so much during our visit. My cousin Courtney also showed up. She came to watch my kids while I was away at girls camp.

Everyone except Courtney had left on the day Emmi and I headed out to girls camp. This was her first year, and was very nervous. I wasn't her camp mom, which was probably a good idea. She went with her group, and I rarely saw her after that. She had a great time, and I was so exhausted afterwords. I am still a little tired, but am feeling way better, a week later.



After girls camp, Courtney the kids and I all went to Seattle again. This time we went up to the top of the space needle. Kaleb really didn't want to go. He was so nervous, but he did it. (Ok I made him)

We then let Courtney explore the city and we went to the Pacific Science Center. After it closed we met up with Courtney to head home, but our car was blocked in the parking lot and we couldn't get out. Every year in Seattle they have what called "Seafair" where the blue angles come, and the have all the hydroplane boats race. Well Seattle was preparing for the Seafair parade so the streets were blocked, and the hydroplane boats were blocking our way out. So we were able to stay for the parade. It was really fun. Again no pictures.

Courtney left the next day. We were sad to see the last of our visitors go, but it is nice to get in to a routine again.

Emmi had her 12th birthday. She is a Young Woman now. She had a great birthday. We had friends over for lunch, had a girls shopping trip, and their favorite friend Jude came over for dinner and cake. (who made her blow out candles twice because she didn't make a wish the first time)


I think I am caught up for the last few months. Hopefully it won't be as long before the next time I blog.

2 comments:

The Wilcken 7 said...

I love all of your pictures! You look amazing Jen...and I no worries about your blog, it's hard keeping up with everything you do and then trying to blog all about it. You are super mom! I will be up in OH in September! Can't wait to hug you!

Erika said...

I can't believe how old your kids are! Your house looks really nice too. If you need to warm up, there's plenty of heat down here to share!!!