Monday, December 6, 2010

Coming home

This is what I left.

After a fuel stop in Sicily, first overnight stop was Rota, Spain.
And leaving the next morning.
Stopping for fuel in the Azores.

Second overnight was Patuxent River, Maryland. This is our departure the next morning.

Finally, I made it home.


The kids didn't know I was coming home, which is good. My date had been moved a number of times. We were able to go to their schools and surprise them. It has been a great weekend.

On my morning run with Maya this morning I was greeted by this beauty. I am so glad to be home.

8 comments:

Liz said...

Yay!!! Welcome home! Enjoy your family!

Jalene said...

So glad you are home!

Lorinda said...

Wow, that's some close quarters you had to stay in! Can't imagine how great it must be to be with your family again. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are home. Thanks for your sacrifice and your family's sacrifice. We love you and are grateful for your safe return. Look forward to seeing you.

Marilyn said...

welcome home!!! =)

Stan said...

Glad to hear that you are home safe!

Jules said...

There's no place like home--pretty sure you said that to yourself more than a few times in the past few months. Enjoy! You deserve the rest.

Erika said...

Yay!