Sunday, November 13, 2011
Septic-sational
I noticed some standing "water" on the top of our septic tank. After a little investigating I found out the septic tank was filled to the top. Actually, it was filled over the top. I started following the lines to find out where the problem was originating from, and when following the line from the tank to the distribution box (which leads to the drain field) sewage started bubbling up from the ground. I hurriedly dug a hole big enough to keep the water from draining into my neighbors yard. When the immediate crisis was adverted I started digging from the drain field lines back towards the D-box. I reached a spot where the line ended, and digging a little further the ground erupted again with bubbling sewage. This time, however, it was followed by a whirlpool of sewage entering the drain field lines. What had happened was the D-box had deteriorated and collapsed in on itself, blocking the supply line (from the tank) from entering the two drain field lines. Thankfully, with assistance from a septic company, a new D-box was installed and the fear of a new septic system was put to rest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, how fun!!! Mom
I don't miss having to worry about our septic tank, of course, if anything goes wrong on it, we still have to pay for it. Glad yours wasn't too serious!
ick! glad you got it fixed. gonna miss you guys for Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment