Sunday, August 5, 2012

Emmi is 14!

Fourteen years ago today, my little Emmi Doodle was born.  She has been a blessing in my life.  I am so grateful to have such an amazing daughter.  She is always willing to help me out, she is so good with her brothers and her sister, she is so talented, and beautiful.  Thank you Emmi for being you!

For her birthday we are in Moscow, Idaho visiting my sister and her family.  We went to church and she saw an old friend from when we lived here before. When we got home from church we had her birthday cake.  I was on Pinterest (surprise, surprise) and Emmi saw a cake made out of fruit that she wanted.  I made an attempt, it turned out ok, nothing like the picture, but it sure was tasty.  I was very happy not to have all the sugar though, and there were not any left overs.   

After lunch, we headed up to Spring Valley to do some fishing.  It was funny because 8 years ago for Emmi's 6th birthday we had gone up to Spring Valley and Emmi caught her very first fish.  Today was not so good for her, she didn't catch anything.  She did have a few bites, but they always managed to get there way off the line before she reeled them in.  Brody on the other had caught 5, Kaleb caught 2 or 3, and Mia caught 1.  All in all we had a good time.

Tomorrow we are off for another adventure.  Ok lets face it, a long drive.  We are on our way to Mount Rushmore.  I can't wait to see it, It is on my bucket list of things to see.

I will try and post pictures, but I only have the kids laptop, and I forgot to load the camera software.  My bad.  Sorry Scotty.   

2 comments:

Lorinda said...

Happy Birthday, Emmi! Hope it was fun!

Jalene said...

I'm so jealous! I really want to go to Mount Rushmore...have extra fun for me! And Happy Birthday Emmi!