Wow, it has been a long time since I have posted on the blog. So much has happened in the last 6 weeks.
Scott finally came home on Friday the 7th of December. Things kept changing, so I never told the kids when he would be home, except he would be home by the 12th of December. It was really awesome to have him surprise them that day. We didn't really have time to relax and enjoy each other as a family, things just got crazier.
On Monday the 10th, Scott had to go into work and I was busy preparing everything for the movers the next day. Tuesday the packers came and packed most of the house, they returned the next day to finish with the packing. Thursday Morning the moving truck came and loaded everything up. Friday we spent cleaning the house and saying goodbye to friends. It was a rough day. We do have amazing friends though. By 6 pm that night we were on the road headed toward California. I got all teary eyed when we drove away from our home. We really liked it. I miss it everyday, I just wish it was here in Monterey.
We finally got into our hotel room in Monterey about 9 pm Saturday night. I was so tired, I slept most of the day away in the truck. (we just towed the van behind the truck) I think my body was tired enough I was able to get some sleep finally. (I have crazy insomnia) I was worried about Scott driving. His sleep schedule had been off all week and he wasn't able to stay awake past 8 pm except one night where we went to go see some Christmas lights, but as soon as he sat down he was out. I felt bad laughing, but he kept almost falling out of his chair. Anyways, Friday night he was able to drive until midnight and his sleep schedule has been fine ever since.
We went to church on Sunday and met some really nice people. It was a memorable experience. We were sitting in the back pew and a family walked in a little late, and their daughter puked right at our pew. The smell was BAD! Poor Emmi and Mia thought they were going to puke too. I have had enough puke to last me a lifetime! There was also a special musical number and a little boy started speaking in the microphone telling us all to stay seated, and at the very end he told us we could all get up, and something else. The mom promptly grabbed him and took him out. I was trying so hard not to laugh out loud.
Monday we looked at several houses and finally decided to move into Military housing. It is super small, but we got everything to fit, sort of. Scott still wants to get rid of most my couches, but I won't let him until he agrees I can get new ones when we get to Chile. :)
When we moved in we had a few air mattresses and sleeping bags. Our Things didn't arrive until Thursday before Christmas. On Wednesday we went a got a Christmas Tree (I asked Scott to bring all our Christmas stuff in the back of the truck) It took up half our living room, then add all the boxes 3 couches, piano and a bookshelf and there wasn't much walking room.
Christmas Eve we had a family come over to make gingerbread stables. They had just moved in the day after us, live 4 houses down and are in our ward. It was a lot of fun. It helped get into the Christmas Spirit a little more.
Christmas morning was good. I am always the first one awake and I wake everyone up, this is the first year in 14 that I was the last one out of bed. The kids woke Scott and I up at 5:30, but I asked them to wait until 6. They came in at 6:05 and told me that it really was time to get out of bed. It was a small, cozy Christmas, but one of my favorite. I was still catching up on sleep I think, and slept most the day away. I did make Cinnamon rolls, regular rolls and a ham though so at least the family was fed.
The next few days we were busy unpacking because my cousin Courtney was coming over for a visit. She stayed for New Years and we had a blast. We went to the aquarium, Cannery Row, Carmel Beach, and did a lot of touristy stuff, and swimming. We were sad to see her leave, but she left with promises of coming back. I did feel bad because New Years eve I was out by 11:30 and so were Emmi and Mia. I didn't welcome in the new year with anything but crazy dreams, and Scott, Courtney and the boys were left on their own to watch the ball drop on TV. All well.
This week the kids finally got back into School. Brody and Mia went for two days before the Christmas break, but Emmi and Kaleb's first day here was yesterday. They both were so scared, but came home with smiles on their faces, and today was an even better day for both of them. I am so grateful for kids that adjust so quickly. They are amazing.
Scott started back to work last Wednesday. It was a sad day for all of us. We sure have loved having him around so much. He starts his Spanish class tomorrow. Six hours of instruction, and at least two hours of homework on top of that, along with all his other work obligations. Good times.
So that is a few things that we have been up too. I will still try and get on our question of the day up and going again. Scott and I both enjoyed it. As soon as I find the camera I will upload pictures.
6 comments:
Thanks for sharing your adventures, I love knowing how you guys are doing!
So good to hear about the happenings with you guys. Now I need to update our blog!
Life sounds good. We miss you here!
I miss you. :) I keep thinking that I see you driving by and then I remember you are gone. But I love hearing about your new happenings there! I know you will have great experiences wherever you are. Keep smiling!
I'm amazed by your kids and how they adjust. Good to hear how things are going!
Monterey? Chilie? Good heavens you have lots going on. My brother and his wife lived in the military housing in Monterey around 2002. I thought it was nice and that's what I would be moving into in K-town. Yeah...not quite. I hope you like it there!
Post a Comment