February highlights:
I flew to Florida for my brother Michael's wedding, and was able to see my parents, brother Ben, Michael and his bride, along with my Aunt and Uncle again before we move to Chile. It was a good visit, short, but still good. I was very happy that Scott was willing to be Mr Mom for 5 days. Scott and the kids were VERY happy to have me home. Poor Scott, he has been super busy with school and didn't get much sleep when I was away. It is nice to feel so appreciated.

For Presidents day weekend we drove down to southern California to see some good friends the Laughmillers. It was so good to see them While we were there, Erin took our family pictures. It's too bad that her sweet husband was messing on the computer and noticed that the hard drive was getting full and moved all of her pictures somewhere, and now they can't be found. We are both very sad! Maybe they will be found and then I can post them for you.
Emmi and I were able to go to a Symphony. We had a great time, and I am amazed at all the talented musicians. We heard the middle school and High school Symphony, over all not bad at all.
Another weekend we all headed up to a place called the Mystery Spot. It was a pretty fun place to visit. After that we went to the boardwalk and spent some time on the beach eating snow-cones, in February! Have I mentioned before that I love living here?
March highlights:
Mia turned 8! She was so excited and had been counting down the days since January. She told me that once she turned 8 she wouldn't grow and more, or get any older. I always tell her she needs to stay my little girl, but have since told her it is ok to grow and get older. She had a great birthday, even if we didn't let her have a birthday party like she wanted. We still had some friends over for cake and ice cream though.
Mia is so happy to be baptized and will be on April 13th. I still can't believe how fast time flies, and that my baby is 8. I am going to be saying that every year with all my kids. Like Emmi, she is going to be 15 in a few months, I'm too young to have a 15 year old!
The kids had a two week spring break. Too bad it went by so fast, and we really didn't do anything fun. The first week was all Doctor and Dental appointments for our over seas screening. I had to break down and have a Pap. I hate going to the Dr, and this may be too much TMI, but your still reading and I have no sympathy for you. I haven't had one in 6 years. Let's just say my doctor chewed me out. I told her that everything was fine, I have no bad history, and if I felt like there was a problem I would have gone in. Well sure enough, everything was normal, so I told her I might come back in another 6 years, but probably not!
The second week of spring break we had one more dental appointment. We went and had a picnic lunch at the beach one day. Headed over to Fresno for a day and enjoyed an indoor trampoline park. The kids (Except Emmi who face planted within the first 10 minutes and got super embarrassed and spent the rest of the time moping in the van) Had a great time. Even I got in there and jumped. Let's just say that after having babies, the bladder isn't what it used to be. Scott told me to take depends, Thanks for the support Scott! I couldn't really move the next day, my back was killing me. I guess my body is telling me I am to old to be showing off with flips, and jumping in a huge foam pit. (that was so hard for me to get out of!!) We also spent a lot of time at the park, and taking walks around the neighborhood, and swimming in the pool. We all got new goggles, and Mia loves hers!
Easter weekend was fun. We had our friends the Loughmillers come up. We went to a church activity on Saturday. It was a blast. Pony and tractor rides, archery, skipping rocks, Easter egg hunt, good food, lots of friends and beautiful weather. Who could ask for anything more. Sunday was a great day focusing on what Jesus Christ did for us. All around a great end to a wonderful weekend.
Well that about wraps up our last two months in a nutshell. We are off to Utah this weekend for conference. Should be a good time. Can't wait to see family, and Kaleb is super excited to go to conference with his dad.




3 comments:
Sounds like you are keeping busy! I have you beat on the OB, I hadn't been to mine since before I had Preston (7 years). Glad all was well :)
Thanks for sharing all that is happening with you guys. We love you!
You are too young to have a 15 yr old. And I think it's hilarious that you took a picture at the gyno.
Post a Comment