Tuesday, November 12, 2013

I am terrible at blogging.....

Good thing it is not my job, because I would have been fired a long time ago!  It has been less than a month since my last post, not by much, but still less than a month!

Where to begin.  Time is really flying by, and so much has happened.

The embassy came out and inspected 3 more apartments.  They denied two, and we were pretty excited that they accepted the last one, on one condition. That the building have a green gas certificate.  No biggie, the owner of the apartment said it was going to be done by last Wednesday.  Come to find out, the owner was only able to get his apartment certified.  The embassy then told us no because it wasn't the whole building, so that means we have to start the process all over again.  With the holidays coming up, I don't see us getting into a place before Christmas.  It is a good thing my kids are so used to not having a "typical" Christmas.  We have spent 2 in hotels, and this third one will probably be in our temporary apartment.  I guess it is a good thing because my kids really do know the true meaning of Christmas.

Kaleb has been on a school field trip to Southern Chile.  I haven't heard from him  for over a week,  I really miss that kid.  He is the only child, that if I am busy doing something, (like washing dishes)  he will just walk up to me and say "Mom, it looks like you need a hug"  and then will give me a wonderful hug.  (even if i have wet soapy hands)  From the pictures that I have received from his school, it looks like a blast.  Although the last 2 days I guess it has been raining pretty good. They have toured a mine, gone on a boat cruise, toured a winery, and have visited some other schools. On Friday he will finally be home and I am so excited to get my hugs from him!

The weather here has been amazing this last week.  It is November and I am wearing shorts.  On Mondays in Brody's class, he has sailing.  Yesterday he said it was the best day on the water.  I told him next week he has to take the camera so I can see what he is seeing.

On Saturday, we went with our friends the Smith's up to Zapallar and were able to take a boat ride to see some penguins out on a little island preserve.  The day was perfect, and it was awesome!
Here are a few pictures of kite flying on the beach, and our trip to see the penguins. 









Halloween was pretty laid back here.  The Chileans really only started celebrating it about 12 years ago.  We had our regular Halloween dinner, and just ate candy.  We had 2 trick or treaters.  They were really cute little kids.  When I went to order some candy online, I went to check out and it said my online cart was empty so I had to start over.  I didn't realize until after I placed my order that it found my "lost" cart items and I ended up with about $80 worth of candy.  I told Scott when it arrived it was my year supply.  All well, such is life, and the kids were super excited to see all the candy.  I just let them eat whatever they wanted Halloween night and  the rest is put away in a box.

Two weeks ago I was called as a 1st counselor in the young women program at church.  I am not sure what they were thinking asking someone who doesn't really understand much Spanish, or even speak Spanish to help with the young women here.  It has sure given me motivation to work on learning and understanding the language. This is making Scott really happy.  I think he is tired of doing everything that has to be done with the schools, church, banking, apartment finding, car shopping and work.

The Kids only have 3 weeks left of school before they are out for 3 more months.  It seems like they were just out of school for 4 months!  It is a good thing I like having them around.  (most of the time anyways!)  Here are a few pictures of the boys riding the mechanical bull at the boys school.  They had a huge celebration at their school where there were a lot of games, rock climbing, zip-lining, paint balling, tons of food, loud music and a lot of people.  It was pretty fun.  





Here is our Halloween grub!



Scott sick again.  He has been sick 3 times since moving here.  He has also been getting more grey hair.  He has never been one to stress about anything, but this whole housing situation has him stressed to the max.  He hasn't been sleeping very well and when he doesn't get his sleep, he gets sick.  Hopefully we can get into to something soon, because I want my healthy Scott back.  When he doesn't sleep, I really don't sleep!  At least he is a happy sicky most of the time!

One of my favorite things to do here is every Saturday we go to the "fairia" to get our produce and sometimes flowers for the week.  They have the best fruit and vegetables!  This is the one thing I will miss the most when we go back to the states.



Well, I think that catches me up for a little while.  Now back to studying my Spanish, and apartment hunting!

2 comments:

Jalene said...

How frustrating not getting a place. I think about you guys all the time. Your in our prayers. Love you!

Linda said...

Life looks wonderful! Elizabeth says she wants to go there and she wants to know where the pictures of Jen are?