Scott took the Young men up Sand boarding, he was able to get some great pictures and Kaleb had a great run until the edge of his board caught and he went flying and landed on his head. He came home with a concussion, a great story and a very sore body for a few days.
The kids finally are back in school. I am one happy Momma. School is more difficult for the kids here, I think it has something to do with the language. Who knows. For Emmi, this school year is the most important. It is the year she has to do the most. I am still a little confused about the entire thing, so I just go with the flow. Brody and Mia haven't picked up the language as quickly and will be having more Spanish tutoring throughout the year. Kaleb seems to be trucking along, and doing well enough. I haven't heard anything otherwise.
Scott was able to head to the States for a couple weeks, leaving the rest of us behind. Seriously who leaves their wife and 4 kids in a foreign country all by themselves, where earthquakes seem to happen on a weekly basis, and where one particular person doesn't speak very good Spanish? Thankfully nothing terrible happened, except I had to take Emmi to seminary in the morning and hope the other 3 kids would get ready all by themselves in time. Most mornings were not to terrible, but there were a couple that were not so great. I was able to attend two parent meetings, and understand about half of what was being said, get gas all by myself and actually carry on a two minute conversation with the gas attendant, teach a lesson in Young Women's with only an hour notice, go grocery shopping and to the farmers market all by myself, get the entire house cleaned how I like it and most importantly have a family birthday party for Mia! No wonder why time goes by so quickly. Lets just say that by each Thursday I was exhausted and would put myself to be by 8pm. We won't talk about how my kids had terrible dinners, ramen noodles 3 times and leftover birthday cake another night. Good thing they didn't complain to much, Mia only told me once that I needed to take a nap while they were at school so I wouldn't be so grumpy when they got home. Love her!
The kids decided to would be totally awesome to build a blanket fort in the front room and sleep in it one night.

One of the best things that happened this last month was Mia's 9th birthday! I can't believe my baby is 9! We just had a family party and she said it was one of her favorite birthdays, she didn't even cry. Every time she has had a friend birthday party, she cries for one reason or another. Things have to be her way, and all of her friends should want to do what she wants to do. Not sure where she gets that from.....ok, maybe me.





The days are getting darker and colder here. I am jealous of the spring pictures I see in the states. We are going into fall, and my heat doesn't work in my house. Hopefully it will get fixed soon. I have put the flannel sheets on and am constantly in socks, slippers, and sweaters. I guess since I am pretty much always cold this may not be a surprise. The cold here isn't as cold as I make it out to be, yesterday was 61, but it has been foggy for a week and living right next to the beach and feeling the cold breeze really makes is seem colder. Ok, I will stop complaining, I live by the beach! I am truly blessed indeed, and I also have the most amazing family ever!


For anyone who actually still reads this thing, Thanks, and I sure love and miss you! Until next time....






6 comments:
I'm glad you survived Scott's absence, but I never doubted that you wouldn't, you are "Wonder Woman" :) Love you guys!
Thanks for posting. Good to see that things are going well with you guys.
Fun to hear an update. You are amazing!
Still reading! We think of you often!
Ok you can't complain out out spring pictures. It was only 55 today and it felt warm! I still read this so keep posting! Love ya!!
thanks for all the news. Love to hear of your adventures. Stay safe.
Mom D.
Post a Comment