Christmas was wonderful. For the month of December we always do a little something each day, whether it is an act of service, baking, watching Christmas movies, decorating graham cracker houses, reading Christmas stories ect. We were blessed last year, and we all had a fantastic month. The kids were also super excited because school ended for them on the 10th of December and because we were able to fly up to the states and see so many people. We were there for 3 weeks, and it still wasn't enough time.


Our first week in the states, we were in Florida. We were able to see my parents and 2 of my brothers and their families. My parents live out in the middle of nowhere Florida, and I knew we would all be bored so I was able to talk them into coming down to Disney world with us for 4 days. We rented what we thought was going to be a house, but it ended up being a timeshare that had 2 small apartments. Although we were disappointed that it wasn't what we were expecting, it turned out ok. and for the most part we all had a great time.

The next two weeks we spent in Utah visiting so much of our Family. It was so great to see everyone, and we were all sad to come home, but thankfully Scott's parents decided to fly back to Chile with us. They were able to spend 2 weeks with us. It was a pretty relaxing time, we went on a little boat ride to see the penguins, shopped at the farmers market, did a walking tour of Valparaiso, site seeing in Vina del mar, shopping in the pottery town Pomarie, toured one of Pablo Neruda's houses, walked along the beaches and lots of games at the house. I think we all had a great time, and we were so sad to see Grandma and Grandpa Daniels leave.











The week after they left, Emmi and Kaleb went to EFY for the week. Emmi and Kaleb had a good time and were able to meet a lot of new people. The came home on a spiritual high, and so happy! While they were gone, it was just Brody and Mia at home. It was so quite around here. I had visions of what my life will be like in just a few short years. Why do kids have to grow up so fast?
At this point, the kids only had 2 weeks of summer vacation left. The were all sad, but I was getting super excited. We spent those two weeks looking for a buying their school books and supplies. I will never complain about school supply lists in the states ever again. It is ridiculous here, each kid had at least 2 pages of supplies they needed and 1 page of books. It not like I could go to Target or Walmart to get everything. No big box stores here, I think we went to at least 20 stores trying to find everything and even now, the kids tell me about another book or supply they need. Absolutely crazy I tell you.
The kids stared school the beginning of March. Mia had her 10th birthday and she wanted a party with just a couple girls. Well it turned into a much larger party than I was expecting, 10 girls came. Good thing the weather was so nice, because we were able to have a pool party and for the most part all the girls had a good time. I can't believe my baby is now in the double digits!
March also was the start of piano lessons for Kaleb, Brody and Mia. I absolutely love their piano teacher. His name is Christian and he was our Bishop when we first came to chile. He has so much talent, and Brody loves having him as a teacher not only in Piano, but a church also. Mia and Kaleb I think are just appeasing me. I don't think they are huge fans of playing the piano, but I will make them take lessons this year and see if it gets any better.
Emmi started cello lessons and is on a "cello" high. She loves her teacher, and loves the cello. Mia is also taking voice lessons, which she loves. Kaleb is in debate club, not sure if he loves it or not, but he is the one who wanted to do it. Brody is in chess club, and is really enjoying that.
April brought on Scott's 40th birthday. It was pretty low key, no big party for him. I felt a little bad, but he said he didn't care. We did end up going to a friends house for a BBQ, and we took the cake and ice cream to celebrate. It was a good, relaxing day.
This last weekend was our Anniversary. Seventeen years we have put up with each other, and I wouldn't change a thing. I think we both agree that we married the perfect person for us. Scott isn't really great at planning anything, so I told him I was planning a get away weekend. I got a babysitter for the kids, (which I think, we didn't really need but it was nice to know an adult was at the house) and I whisked Scott away to Santiago. The thing is that Scott and I really don't like big cities, but we had a great Friday and Saturday without kids exploring the big city. We both loved all the old buildings, the details were awesome. We walked through an art museum, enjoyed some yummy gelato, tried some Chilean Mexican food, (not our favorite)walked up and down a million stairs, ( I don't understand the love of stairs here, but I guess when you are up next to the Andes mountains you need all those stairs) toured another of Pablo Neruda's houses, took an acensor to a high point, and were able to see just how big Santiago is. Wow, it is huge! Overall, it was a really good weekend.
I think that pretty much catches me up. I know there is so much more, but my fingers are tired of typing. Oh the boys bought themselves turtles, they are super cute and I don't even have to take care of them.













1 comment:
Love all the activities the kids are involved in! Your trip with Scott sounds awesome. Yay for turtles! I've always thought they would be cool pets.
Post a Comment