Sunday, September 14, 2008

Weather Threats

First we faced Gustav, then Ike. Neither one gave us anything, unlike Hurricane Dolly which dumped more rain in two days on us than Idaho gets in six months! On Wednesday we were expecting a direct hit from Ike, so we boarded up our house and prepared for an evacuation notice from the military Thursday morning. However, through the night the predictions had shifted far enough north it appeared we were out of harms way and the evacuation order was never issued. We did have the house boarded up already and figured it was better safe than sorry, so we left the boards up until Saturday morning. (Ike made landfall Saturday around 2:00 AM) Here I am taking down the last of the boards from the windows, these west side of the house. Jennifer decided she doesn't like living in a cave. The lack of sunshine makes her somewhat lethargic and depressed. Talk about a different mood once the boards were removed.





We didn't even see a rain drop from Ike. However, we did get some hot weather! Jennifer took this picture on our back patio in the late afternoon; 107 DEGREES! The kids all played in the hot-tub (we keep it around 90 degrees in the summer) for a few hours. Then, soaking wet they wanted to come inside. Jennifer told them they needed to stay outside and dry off a little before coming into the air conditioned house. Five minutes later Brody was sound asleep in the driveway!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your all safe and sound. I wondered if you'd get much rain!

Mandy and Jarrett said...

Glad to hear that you are safe and out of harms way. I suggest coming to the great Pacific Northwest where you don't have to worry about those silly hurricanes... just tsunami's!
Enjoy the warmth and sun for us, you know we are not getting it!

rockstar said...

I wondered how you fared with Ike. Glad to know you are all okay. I can't believe it is still so hot there! I think it made it to 88 degrees here in Moscow today. And, that even felt super-hot.
Kari

Loughmiller's said...

I am glad everything is ok. What a pain to put up boards and take them down.

Lorinda said...

I do not envy the crazy weather! Come the middle of winter I may be wishing we could have a little of it though.