Tuesday, April 21, 2009

You miss family the most

when they are getting together without you or you are in need of their help. After a while you get used to them getting together without you. But in times like these you really wish you had brothers, sisters and parents around.

Tomorrow I fly out to Seattle for Chiko's re-enlistment. One of Jennifer's friends died last week and she is flying to Orlando for the Funeral (along with three other women from church). So what do we do with the kids, you ask? Well, if family lived near by we would rely on their help to keep things running. We don't have that luxury, so we have been getting creative.

I will get the kids off to school in the morning and drop Mia off at a friends house. Our friend Drew lives two doors down and he will pick the kids up from school, and Mia will be dropped off later. Drew will have kid duty until he drops them off at school Thursday morning, and Mia treks to another house. That evening we still don't have all the arrangements made, but hopefully Drew will again be able to pick kids up from school. If he can't watch them trough the afternoon another friend is willing to step up. Jennifer will get back late Thursday evening.

Crazy, huh. Don't forget, four moms are heading to the funeral. Two families will have neither parent here (lucky for one grandma and grandpa live in town). Wish us luck.

5 comments:

Jalene said...

Good luck! I totally know what you mean about the missing family. Michael will be sworn in to the National Guard on Tuesday (28th).

Mandy and Jarrett said...

I would offer to watch them but you would have to bring them along!

Bruce Daniels said...

Wow, who is the logistics coordinator give them a raise. Wish we were closer and could lend a hand.

Love you guys,

Bruce and Sherry

Erika said...

I'm here if you need me!

Loughmiller's said...

I guess its a little late, I haven't read your blog in a while. But please pass my congratulations on to Chiko.

I hope that things worked out well with the kids. Erin and I have discussed this same thing as it would be nice at times to be able to leave the kids with family when we need/want to get out of town.

If you need to, put them on a plane and we'll keep them entertained here with a snake round-up sort of like Cousin Eddie.