Wednesday, June 3, 2009

We made it!

So I thought I would update you all on our adventure moving to Florida. After the truck was packed, the house was cleaned and my drivers making it to Texas, we were able to leave about 5:30 pm on Thursday May 21st. My friend Holli flew out on Wednesday and my cousin Courtney came on Thursday. Holli drove the car, Courtney drove the van with all the kids (thanks Courtney!) and I drove the big moving truck. Right before getting in it to leave I had a little bit of a panic attack. The thought of driving the big truck over 1000 miles hit me and I was terrified. Holli was nice enough to offer to drive it, but I knew it was something I had to do. After getting flipped off and not being able to figure out the commercial truck gas station, things improved. We drove the first night and made it to Beaumont, Texas. We got a late start the next day, and didn't make it all the way the next day like I had hoped. We drove through the worst rain storms I have been in for a long time. So on Saturday around 2:00 local time we finally made it to our new house. Scott was supposed to have some people come and help unload, but for a lot of it, it was Holli and Scott unloading. I just sat and watched. I figured I loaded half the thing myself, Scott could unload it. Around 5:00 a couple guys finally showed up and Holli and I just sat and watched the guys unload the rest. Courtney and the kids decided to take a dip in the pool. It was a little cold for my taste, and I waited until it warmed up a little more. The rain did stop for a few hours for the truck to get unloaded, but as soon as it was finished, the rain started up again. It ended up raining the next few days, with a few breaks for us to be able to swim in the pool, and go to the beach. I guess it was better that it was raining because then I had to unpack boxes. Scott said he would unpack everything, but that didn't last more than 5 minutes. If I would have waited for him, it still would not be finished. He has been really busy an work, so even though we are here, he still isn't around much.

I was sad to see my friend Holli leave. She flew out on Thursday. I was really excited that she called me after she got home. I really didn't think she would talk to me again for a long time. We threw her into the pool after she put up a great fight, and she was not happy at all. So thanks Holli for all your help and still talking to me, and you know that the water felt great :)
Courtney flew out on Sunday and we were all really sad to see her go, hopefully she will be able to come again soon. While she was here we took her to SeaWorld, and we all had a blast.

So all in all, it wasn't too bad, but I will never Move again myself!!! I told Scott that if I ended up with a few grey hairs he was to blame! Sorry for the long and possibly boring post, but I just wanted everyone to know we made and we sure miss all our Texas friends. I miss my little house with carpet, this house is huge and all but the bedrooms are tile and my feet are killing me! If it wasn't for my husband and the pool (I know pretty shallow of me) I would be back there in a heart beat. I never thought I would ever say that about Texas! You have brainwashed me too!

Holli and Courtney


Me Driving the big truck



Emmi and Courtney at the beach



Kaleb trying to make a sand castle


Brody playing in the sand




Mia making a volcano

2 comments:

Erika said...

If it makes you feel better, I totally miss you too. If we could afford it I would so come out to see you. You could come visit for your birthday...
And that picture of Mia is really really cute. Baby contest cute.

Loughmiller's said...

Glad to hear that you guys got moved over. There is something to be said for someone who will pack a truck and drive it across 5 states.