Sunday, July 5, 2009

What are we in for?

So, on Saturday mornings we all go out as a family and work in the yard. We usually tackle the mowing, edging and weed eating while the kids go to work pulling weeds out of the bark beds. So now that the scene is set you are ready for the story.

Saturday evening I was out talking to our neighbor across the street, a great guy named Ron who is 66 years old and has his son and grandchildren who live down the street. He told me I'd better keep an eye on Emmi. Earlier that morning while we were working in the yard, his grandson (13 years old) was looking out blinds and wanted to know who Emmi was because he was interested in her.

I figured I had a few more years, but I guess I was ignorant. All you gun savvy individuals, I need input. One scared, over protective father looking for an accurate, reliable hand gun to reinforce morals in future dates of my princesses.

3 comments:

The Wilcken 7 said...

Chris has a lot of guns.... you can borrow some when you come visit! How old is Emmi now? I remember her not being old enough for boys to be oggling her! Have you been giving that girl miracle grow? You guys are in serious trouble... she's a beautiful young lady!

talkingdonkey said...

I seem to recall a little music video involving a squirt gun and a high chair. I think you'll do fine scaring the living daylights out of suitors. Corey's got your back. He feels the same way.

talkingdonkey said...

oh, sorry Corey was signed in. The talking donkey is me, Erika :)