Sunday, September 20, 2009

Saturday Fun

So yesterday I asked the kids to clean up the toy room. They had a half hour before I set the timer for 20 minutes. After the timer went off, I went in the room with a trash bag to clean up what they hadn't finished. By this time we were all upset. Then the doorbell rings. I am still in my yucky pjs with hair that has not been brushed. Who is at my door? The kids go running to the door, and it is their friend Jacob's mom. (Whom I have never met) Ah crud, I am not in the mood. So I go to the door with the trash bag in front of me, (who wants to see saggy boobs, not me) She had just wanted to introduce herself and see if her son could play, but I think with the screaming kids in the background and me looking wonderful she asked for my phone number so that next time she could call in advance. After closing the door Emmi is yelling at Mia, "Mia you are not a princess, you have to help clean too, we are not your servants!" Mia yelling back "I am a Princess, I am a Princess!" Kaleb whining in the background says "Saturdays are supposed to be fun!" I know Kaleb, I know.

3 comments:

Lorinda said...

we have saturdays like that too.

Myr said...

I love this story....at least I know now I'm not the only mom that has those days! Thanks for sharing.

Erika said...

You help me embrace my inner mean mom. That timer idea is awesome. I'll be using that one in a few years. For now the "Fun to do" song is working.