So I am on the verge of giving the kids and dog away. I haven't been sleeping very well since Scott has been gone, I am PMSing, I am grouchy, and I am hungry! Not a good combo for the kids.
This week started of with 2 visits to the dentist. On Monday I got braces on for the second time to hopefully help with my jaw problems. I don't ever remember my old orthodontist telling me that I would need to wear my retainer for the rest of my life, hence another reason for braces. Anyways my teeth are killing me I can't chew anything so I am hungry. Monday I also took Brody to the dentist because he had a swollen gum that looked like an abscess. Sure enough it was and he had to have a tooth pulled. Brody decided that I could just buy his tooth from him again instead of trying his chances for the tooth fairy to show up. That was almost a $40 tooth!
Since Scott left, it leaves me to take the dog running in the morning. I can hardly move, I am so sore. In Texas I would run about 3 miles every day. It was all flat, and warm outside. Here there are hills in every direction, and it is rainy and cold. (another reason to be grouchy, getting out of my nice warm bed to run in the rain....hate it!) I can barely run 2 miles here. It is more of a fast walk most of the time. I try to hurry just so I can get back to the warm house.
The dog also likes to puke. Usually it is in the kitchen or outside. Today however it was right at my feet. It was worse the kid puke. I really thought I was going to puke myself. I told Scott before he left he better bless the kids so they wouldn't puke the whole time he was gone. I didn't think I would have to include the dog. So out came the carpet cleaner. I have a big aversion to puke, Scott has always cleaned it up. I really hope and pray it doesn't happen again anytime soon. At least my carpet is nice and clean
Brody was reading a book called Kid Concoctions. He asked if we had all the stuff to make spray glue. He needed glue, water and a water bottle. I told him the only water bottle we had was the hair one, and no he could not use it. So as I making a wonderful dinner of hotdogs, I hear the water running up in my bathroom and no Brody around. Can you guess what he was doing? Yep it was adding glue to the hair water bottle. I went up to my bathroom (Why do they always have to mess up my bathroom, there are 2 other ones in the house) There is pee on the toilet set, glue all over the floor and counter that he tried to clean up with my brand new clean towel that I had just gotten out today, and glue all over and inside the hair water bottle. Are you kidding me! AHHH Brodys comment was "wouldn't it be funny if someone had their hair glued down?"
Kaleb had a concert tonight at school and by the time everything was cleaned up and we got to the school, it was standing room only. I was thinking to myself, this is just great! I am tired, hungry, sore and grouchy, now I get to stand up for an hour. The concert was pretty cute, but I really wanted to strangle Brody and Mia. Usually they are pretty good, not tonight though. They were running around like crazy as I am trying to video with a camera because Scott took the video camera with him. What is he going to video, a dust storm?? Anyways the video didn't turn out and in the middle of the music teacher thanking everyone for coming and supporting the kids Mia yells out "I just farted and it was loud!" Oh my gosh, can my face get any redder.
For those of you still reading this post, I apologize. I just needed to vent. Now I think I will take a Tylenol and go to bed. Hopefully I will like my children again tomorrow.
6 comments:
We are sorry to hear that life choose now to go crazy. Also, let us know if you need visitors next month or if you want to visit a warm, flat, dog (and rattlesnake) friendly area :). Hopefully things will get better.
Sorry that it's such a tough week. Hope the venting helped! Those are the days that I'm so grateful that my mom is here to help me. If you ever need someone to vent to you can always call me. I think it's time for the dog to become an outside dog!
I wish you were my neighbor so I could come help. I will quit complaining about how much Russ is gone. At least every night I get to see him. I know you are a strong woman or you wouldn't have been given such a tough trial.
Ooh Jen....Honey I am so sorry. It sounds like one of the worst weeks ever. Do you want send your kids my way? We would love to have friends come and hang out for the summer. Hang in there Lady, you are a wonderful mom and it's okay to not like your kids...put yorself in time out! Sprinkle cheerios around the house, turn on a movie for the kids and curl up with a good book and pretend you are all alone! We love you and it will get better, rght....it has to! I love that you vented, you should do it more often! I wish I lived near by....miss you!
This was a great venting post. We laughed because ofcourse it was not happening to us. BUT to look on the bright side all of these will go away and you will laugh at this post. Hang in there. If you need a break we don't live too far.
ROTFL!! My boys make me want to pull my hair out everyday...glad I'm not the only one!
Let me know if you find a cure for aggravating kids!
Love ya!
Post a Comment