Here is the scene... I had just got home from the store and was in the process of making dinner. While at the store I had bought Emmi some new church shoes, of course I guessed wrong on the size. So my awesome friend Chiko who had come over for dinner was good enough to take Emmi back to the shoe store to get the right size. Dinner is cooking on the stove and I need to cut the boys hair. Kaleb gets in the hair cutting chair and I start with the clippers and the phone rings. It is an old missionary that we had in Idaho and I haven't talked to him in about 5 years. So I am trying to cut Kaleb hair, make sure dinner doesn't over cook, and talk to Bradon. When the other phone rings. It is Chiko and he is having a hard time finding the shoes in the next size, I just tell him to ask the store employee to help him. (poor guy having to ask for help) Meanwhile Kaleb is still in the chair asking if I am almost done, he isn't feeling very well. I finally finish his haircut and Brodys. Chiko finds the right shoes and is back. Dinner is on the table, and I finish my conversation with Bradon. Kaleb falls asleep on the couch and misses dinner.
So after dinner, I go to pick up Kaleb to take him to his bed and he starts freaking out. I figure he was still have asleep. He starts saying I feel like I'm gonna puke. Oh no. I go and get a puke bucket and Chiko helps me get Kaleb to bed. As soon as he is in bed, you guessed it, he starts puking! I feel like I am going to puke myself, the smell is just awful, and I am on the verge of tears. Chiko pipes up and says I'm outta here. What a nice friend right! I tell him that he can stay with the sick kid and I will sleep at his house. He just smiles and laughs and Mia yells in the background "I'm going with you Mom!" Meanwhile poor Kaleb is still chucking, and Brody says "I'm not sleeping in there with him, it stinks!" I turn on the ceiling fan, clean out the chuck bucket, and ask Kaleb to sleep in the office. That way he doesn't have to climb down off a bunk bed and there is wood floors to the bathroom instead of cream colored carpet.
Why me? Scott isn't even gone 2 weeks and I already have had to clean up puke twice. What is it that I need to learn? Can't I catch a break? I figure the Lord put these obstacles in my way so that I could blog about them so everyone that reads them will get their laughs in. It works for Scott anyways.
So Chiko did end up staying for awhile longer to help with moral support. I think he saw the horror on my face and felt sorry for me. I am very grateful for good friends, even those of you who laugh at my expense. I know I have sure laughed at my friends and families blogs, so I guess it is payback. :-)
I was planning to go visit my sister this Memorial day weekend. She was going to go camping and I really didn't want to drive 6 hours to go camping, also I had forgotten that I had been asked by a friend to pick her and her kids up at the airport on Monday, so I just told my sister I would come another weekend when the kids were out of school and could spend more time. Well I get a phone call at 6am this morning from my friend who tells me never mind, she has another friend coming to pick her up from the airport. So I roll over and fall back to sleep until 9am. I haven't done that in forever. It felt so nice to sleep in. To bad when I woke up, Mia is screaming bloody murder. Brody had just poke her in the eye and scratched it with his finger nail. Ouch. She has been crying off and on ever since.
It look like it is going to be another long day. At least Kaleb has been able to stop puking and kept a banana down. Hopefully everyone will be feeling better soon and no one else gets sick.
I really am grateful for so many things. I don't want everyone to think that every day is a rough day, because they haven't been. My body isn't so sore anymore, and I am able to get my back teeth closed so I can eat a little bit more. I really do love my kids, and they really do make me laugh everyday, even if sometimes it is in embarrassment. We have been truly blessed and I know I will defiantly learn something from this experience. Here is to another very eventful day I'm sure!
7 comments:
I'm pretty sure that you could fit Brody into Scott's carry on next time :). It seems these kind of things happen at the worst time. Or that they are more noticeable. It seems that when I'm on travel or about to go on travel is when Erin starts having the most medical/children emergencies. Something about the single parent life that brings this about.
The offer still stands if you want to get out of the rain and greenery you are welcome to come visit us.
Sorry I'm not closer so I could help. Hang in there. You can always send me some of your kids for the summer.
Puke always sucks as it's happening, but it's usually funny looking back. Hope things are better!
I'm so sorry...I have to admit, I laughed. Not at you, promise. I just totally know how you are feeling. I'll call you the next time you're making dinner, cutting hair, and some other odd job that needs to be done! There should be a summer camp for moms, we could enroll together!
I'm picturing your kids running though the Costco freezer and it's very funny.:-)
You keep smiling remember I love you and the gospel is true
You guys have all the fun :) Seriously Jennifer, that one will be difficult to replicate. We hope you guys are doing great. Tell Chico hi. I remember when he took Scott and me to Pullman to go look at the piano we ended up buying. Then he and Scott helped me load it. (talk about awesome friends and home teachers!). Love Brent and Tanya O
Post a Comment