Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Feeling a little overwhelmed

So I finally made it back from Japan. (after 3 weeks, which was only supposed to be 10 days. Not that I minded be there with only Scott and no kids. I actually missed the little buggers after about a week. It was an eventful trip trying to get back. I was trying to fly Space A (on a military flight that doesn't cost too much...$15-$30) Well the first time I tried, the plane was broken, so I tried again the next day. (Sunday) It had 75 open seats, and I was #76 on the list. Needless to say I was disappointed. Well lucky enough for me I had a reservation for a commercial flight set for Monday. I was supposed to leave at 1:45 pm. I got up Monday morning packed all my stuff and went to go pick up my ticket. When I got to the ticket agency, they said my reservation was canceled, and that the next flight I could get would leave the next day, Tuesday.
Scott ended up having to leave the island on Monday because a Typhoon was coming our way. Set to hit on Tuesday night. I got to the airport early Tuesday, my flight was due to leave at 11:50 and they canceled all the flights after 10:00. I was stranded. I ended up catching an expensive taxi back to the base where Scott's room was, and walking from the gate all the way to the room with all my luggage. (good thing I pack light) It had started to rain at this point, and I was wondering if it could get any worse. Good thing it wasn't that long of a walk. I was able to stay in the room and the typoon made it in around 4:30 in the afternoon. Only a little water come into the room, and then I went and took some sand bags to help the rest of the evening.

I was finally able to get out on Thursday. I left from Okinawa and got to Tokyo. From there to L.A, to San Francisco, to Salt Lake City. I arrived in Salt Lake around 9 at night and then drove all night and finally arrived home at 11:00 am Friday morning. It was so nice to be home. My Aunt picked me up from the airport and said "OK my bags are packed and in the back I am going with you." I guess everyone was worried that I would be too tired to drive. I ended up driving all night just to have my Aunt steal the keys from me when we stopped for breakfast 3 hours from my house. I was able to finally get some sleep around 11:00 that night. I just could not go to sleep.

Saturday, I took my Aunt to catch the shuttle and pick up my luggage, (the airline had lost it, and I didn't get it back for 2 days..note to self don't ever fly United Airlines again!) Scott's brother Kent had also shown up on Friday, and our good friend Chiko was home for a few days from his deployment. So I had a great time visiting and spending time with friends and family. (This is probably getting long, but blogging is like my Journal you really don't have to read on. :))

Sunday was back to the grind, going to Church and being in the nursery. I can't say that I missed nursery. I got peed on. So Gross. I also got to see my friend Augustina. It was so nice to visit with her and catch up. Thanks for spending some time with me Augustina!

Labor day was spent trying to catch up on the housework. It was never ending laundry, I finally finished it all at 11:00 last night. I also had some friends over for dinner, and ended up taking a trip to Everett to drop Chiko off. I was really sad to see him go. He really is a great friend and we all will miss him. He will be gone for around 6-7 months. That is the one thing that really sucks about the military. Deployments.

So now for the overwhelming part. I still haven't noticed to much jet lag, probably because I have been so busy with everything and everybody since I have been back. The kids start back to school tomorrow, and all 4 of them will be in school. I should be doing the happy dance, but I am not. I was nice and said that I would watch my friend's kids for a week while she goes to see her husband. Her kids are 4 and 2. No sleeping in for me, and I get to change diapers again. Don't get me wrong I really don't mind doing it at all, I just really want my scheduled life back. Who knew that I would like having a schedule life. In two weeks I should have it back, but until then I am just surviving, in what I feel is a messy disorganized house that is driving me crazy. It is time for some Fall cleaning. I keep telling myself in 2 weeks it will get done, I just have to stick it out until then.

I still need to finish school shopping and getting all the crazy stuff for school supplies packed into the kids backpacks, I should also find out who my kids have for teachers considering they start tomorrow. So check back in a few day to see the kids first day of school pictures.

2 comments:

Jalene said...

WOW! That's all I have to say about that!

Erika said...

I'm glad you made it. I hope you get your schedule back soon! Sorry about the diapers. Oh how I hate diapers.