Sunday, September 16, 2012

We are still alive a kicking!

We made it through another week.  It has been so busy since we returned from vacation that I feel like I don't have time to do any blogging.

Scott and I decided to sell both of our homes, so I have been trying to get them ready to go on the market this week.  Hopefully they both sell pretty fast.

Our friend Chiko came into town on Tuesday so we have been having fun with him in between Piano lessons, soccer practice and games, gymnastics, Cub Scouts, Young Men, Young Women, school and homework, school meetings, and making dinner for another family.  No wonder why I am so tired!  The first 3 days of the week I was averaging 4 1/2 hours of sleep a night.  I have also started taking a class on Thursday nights. ( Like I didn't have enough to keep me busy) It is Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University.  It is amazing and I have been learning so much, anyone interested should check it out, or give me a call and I would be happy to tell you more about it. 

Emmi has made it through her first week of seminary.  I am so thankful she gets picked up every morning.  I have gotten up a couple days with her, but the other days I just couldn't get myself out of bed.  Thank goodness she is a morning person.  Friday night was rough, we were all exhausted, Chiko fell asleep on the couch at 7:30, Emmi went to bed at 8:30 and I was out on the couch by 9:30. Poor Kaleb didn't get his date Friday night, but we did go out yesterday and I beat him on the go-cart track.  Somebody crashed into the back of him and made him crash into the side of the track, and I lapped him...twice.  Awesome!  I will take that over video games any day!

Funny Kaleb story of the week.  So on Tuesday I was calling out KALEB!  and he replied IS AWESOME!  I busted up laughing and told him he had to do that at school when his name was called for attendance.  He told me he did with one teacher, but the kids were being loud in the class and the teacher couldn't hear him.  All well, I got a laugh out of it.

Brody had a game yesterday, and he is playing amazing!  His team won 11-1.  I felt a little bad for the other team.  Brody was goalie the second half and was able to keep out all of the balls.  I love watching him play, he is getting so much better than he was a year ago, and I think he is really starting to understand all the rules and the concept of the game.  It has finally clicked!  Yay Brody.

Mia is Mia.  She loves gymnastics and is improving every day.  She is also not a morning person. (wonder where she gets that from) and trying to get her up and ready for school on time is not the easiest thing.  I have found that making her a nice hot breakfast in the morning gets her out of bed faster though.  One day I made french toast using Angel food cake and topped it with syrup, whipped cream and strawberries.  Oh my goodness, they were so good!  That got her out of bed fast!

I started working out in the morning with my friend again since school has started.  We started INSANITY again.  Wow, my body has hurt so bad this week.  At least it is a good hurt, I think.  I am feeling pretty old, especially when I get out of bed in the morning.  That may be because I need a new mattress, but am too cheap to get one before we move.

One of these days I will post pictures and tell you of all the adventures we had on our trip, but the thought of editing the pictures is a little daunting.  We took over 500 pictures!  So this will have to do for now. 

2 comments:

Jalene said...

You are way too busy...glad it's not me :) I really like Dave Ramsey. I've read his book "Total Money Makeover" and it has made a huge difference in the way I budget. How great for you to get to go to FPU.

Linda said...

loving that french toast! sounds diet friendly too!