
Well, on Tuesday I received notice that I am no longer going to train in this aircraft. I am being transfered to a twin-engine trainer in Corpus Christi, one I have already flown.

My final aircraft will no longer be aircraft carrier based, instead I will be flying the P-3, the same airplanes I used to work on.
4 comments:
Sorry to hear that things didn't work out the way you had envisioned them. I still think you rock!
We are anxiously awaiting your arrival in Whidbey... you know, cause that is where the only cool P-3's are!! So that means you better get here! :)
I guess now you'll be raking in the TDY pay with me. The doctors admitted Jennifer to the hospital here in San Antonio because she started to dilate... a little early at 28 weeks. We'll let you know when the twins are born. Good luck.
Great :(, Cletus and Gaylord is now Cletus and Daniels :). Sorry that things didn't work out like you would like them to (I'd commiserate more but it is hard to commiserate with a guy who gets to fly for a living v.s. working in a windowless cubicle :), not that I'm bitter). The upside is that you will get to stare in 30 minute feature films rather than the 3-4 minute ones that the E-3 guys produce. Also, one of the guys I work for/with used to be on the P-3's so China Lake could still be in your future :).
Good luck with your "new" airframe and just remember that it could be worse; you could still be in the Army Signal Corp with a Wright Flyer :).
Post a Comment