Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One foot after the other

Is how you finish a 5K race. Jennifer just finished her first official 5K race yesterday, came in first in her category and received a gold medal, yeah Jennifer! The funny part was she signed us up for it, then the morning of the run arrives and she was so nervous she didn't want to run...her heart was pounding, stomach was upset, the works.

We made a family affair out of it. I ran along side her (she did sign me up too) and pushed Mia and Brody in the stroller. Emmi and Kaleb rode their bikes with us. It was good family fun. I ended up with a Bronze medal for my category.

7 comments:

Loughmiller's said...

Way to go Scott, getting ready for the bag-drag! Seriously though, congrats on completing the 5K as a family!

~The Brown Family~ said...

Congrats guys! What an exciting year for you guys!! Love the pictures of the kids with Scott getting his wings. Jenn you look great!

Liz said...

Umm... We're there only 3 people in the race? Jennifer, Scott and the guy who beat you? Seriously a gold. What was your category? No Just joking That is Awesome, You guys Rock!

Lorinda said...

nice going guys! such a fun thing to do as a family!

tolm2535 said...

Great job! It is always fun when the wife wins over the husband!!! At least bragging rights until the next one. What a great idea getting the entire family involved. Also I know I am a little slow, but congratulations om getting your wings. I am excited for you and your family. Big adventures to come in the future.

Myr said...

Way to go guys...come run with me sometime!

Jalene said...

Congrats! You inspire me! Shannon asked if it was the "Aging Women" category? LOL` he's a dork, just ignore him!