Monday, October 26, 2009

Piles in the south...

When you have a pile of junk sitting out, it becomes a nesting ground for all kinds of creatures.

A stand holding miscellaneous parts for a shed and metal frame fell over a while ago back where I park the truck. With the cooler weather I ventured outside and decided to repair it and re-stack all the components. I had expected to see some creatures, so I put on my gloves to protect from spiders. However, I had no idea the magnitude of life I would find.

Ants were crawling everywhere when I threw a piece of siding, containing their whole colony and all their larvae.

Lizards took off scurrying every which way.

Roaches, so fat and slow they only walked, didn't even scurry, didn't appreciate having to move. I managed to snap a picture of one medium sized one as it lumbered past my foot.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Good to hear from you guys! I loved the Tickel Me Elmo post! Classic!