So the last couple days have been a little better. Last night I talked my friend Chiko into coming over to watch the kids while I went out for a girls movie night out. It was sure nice to have some adult conversation.
Before I left for the movie night, I had told the kids that we could build a blanket fort in my room and they could sleep in there. I didn't get home until a little after eleven, and when I finally got into bed and was almost asleep, I here what sounds like someone chewing gum. Ok, I know that I didn't give any gum to any kids before I left, maybe I am just dreaming, but no I keep hearing it. After a few minutes I figure out that it is Brody. Quietly I tell him to go spit it out. Nothing, again a little louder, nothing. Serious, is he really chewing gum like a cow in his sleep? He finally wakes up and goes into the bathroom. When he comes out he is still chewing his gum. Brody is definitely his fathers child. When Scott and I got married, he had gum under his lip. He still has gum in his mouth all the time. Anyways I digress, I ask him again, not so nicely this time, (I am tired and want to be able to fall asleep) to spit out his gum. This time he listens, and I finally fall asleep sometime after midnight.
This last week has been raining everyday. Friday morning it was raining so hard that not even Myah wanted to go out in it. Yay, no running in the rain! This morning, still more rain, and no running with Myah. I am so happy to not have to run in the rain. Well anyways when it is nasty outside I really don't want to do anything. It was around 10:30-11:00 and the kids and I are watching discovery channel when Mia says to me "Mom you have a lazy butt!" Well I am so glad it is just my but and not the rest of me. I guess she was waiting for me to get her breakfast, I didn't realize that she hadn't eaten yet. All well I guess I will have to make sure that my butt is not so lazy next time.
I did get off my butt and we headed to the "big city" to do a little shopping. Memorial day weekend, not the best time for shopping. We had gone to Costco and were in the freezer section. We were a little stuck in one spot for a couple minutes, people really had to get their free sample, I just wanted to get some cheese. I finally am able to get down the isle when I see Brody running in the freezer. He has the biggest smile on his face. Dang it, I had just missed my opportunity to squeeze down the isle and I have to get my son out of the freezer. Kaleb thought it looked like fun, so as I was chasing down Brody he goes in. Meanwhile, all these people waiting for their samples are either laughing, or glaring at me thinking I have no control of my kids. I was politely smiling, and thinking, boys you can't live with them, and you can't beat them in public. Meanwhile Emmi and Mia are sitting in the cart, and Emmi is telling me that she thinks she is sick and that she may puke. What!!!! NOooooo!
There is a happy ending to this story. Emmi did not puke! Yipee, I really don't think I could have handled that. We got home and she was fine. I was able to get out of the house for a little, get the stuff I needed from the store, and my kids didn't get beat. I actually still like them as of now.
3 comments:
Oh my friend, you are going to have good and bad days. I still love reading about them all. Call me anytime to vent or just to talk. Take care!
Erin
I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time but it gave me a laugh that I really needed tonight so thanks! Once your kids adjust to Scott being gone it will get better!
You are amazing! So glad you got a girls night out!
Post a Comment