Monday, May 24, 2010

I'm leaving on a jet plane....

So Wednesday evening I found out I was leaving Friday morning for six(ish) months. I knew I was going to be leaving, but didn't have a date. Just so you know, I don't have a date when I will be back either, but it should be before Christmas.

Anyways, our trip started with a 2:30 a.m. show to take a bus 3 hours to Mchord AFB. We then sat around until we boarded the C-17 to take us to our det site. We flew two legs each day and had one overnight layover on our trip. We will be here a few months, then probably change out with another crew and go to a different site.

So far things have been going fairly well. I'm still trying to adjust the the new time zone and weather. I have included a few pictures for those of you who don't know what a C-17 ride might be like.


First, the plane


We had a very empty plane for the first leg of the trip.

This is what it was like once the plane had a load of cargo and more people.
BTW, don't call and ask Jennifer how's she doing with me gone, it makes her start to cry; just ask her what's going on. :-P (Love you Jennifer)

Scott

11 comments:

Bruce Daniels said...

God Speed. I love you. Thank you for your service.

Jalene said...

Love you too! Good Luck and be safe!

Jalene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Read the comments...now I'm gonna cry! Love you. God be with you and your family while you're away.

Scott and Jenn said...

I don't cry when you ask me anymore, it was only on Friday. Thanks a lot Scott!

Anonymous said...

We love you. You are all in our prayers. By the way, where are you?

Marilyn said...

Love you, be safe. Thank you (and your family) for doing what you do.

Stan said...

Scott, I just realized I didn't call before you left. I hope things are going well and that you are safe. I must say your ride looks a lot better than the old C-130's parked out here. From what I've heard, there are only 2 good seats on the plane and neither of those are the pilots. Also, I'd include some other advice, but you know what it is. Jennifer, if you and the kids need anything give us a call. Scott, I'll try to acquire the last piece of your dream to be goose (no one really wants to be Maverick) and hold it until you get back. Good luck and Godspeed.

Stan said...

P.S. Please tell me that's not Denney in crew seat next to you.

Scott and Jenn said...

It is. She's in the same squadron, same crew. I'll be seeing a lot of her.

Stan said...

What a scary deployment. Its like a warzone only without the danger pay. At least that's how my reunions seem to go. On another note, whenever things aren't going well, just remember that there is no clock power-source.