Saturday, June 26, 2010

We are Back!

Sorry for the lag in posts lately. We have been busy.

School got out on June 18th. I was very sad, and the kids were so excited! They only had a half day, so after they got home we went and played at the park. It was a beautiful day. ( which have been rare this year) It was still a little chilly, I was still in a jacket.

Saturday the 19th was a rough day. It started off well enough, but after a few hours it was mayhem. I called a family council. We talked about things we wanted to do this summer. We came up with a schedule, and a plan. Since we are trying to save money, there is no long summer vacation planned. Each day we have a designated family activity to do along with chores and some summer type school. I think it is going to work out pretty well. Who knew kids ( and Me) need such a specific schedule. So far, so good.

As mentioned earlier, the weather has been horrible. Very cold and very gray. We decided to take a trip to Moscow, Idaho to see my sister and nephew. It was so warm and sunny. We were all pretty tired and wanted to sleep in our own beds, so our trip was cut short and we came home last night. We stayed 4 wonderful days. As I was driving over the pass to come home, I almost turned around and went back. It dropped 20 degrees in temperature, and was so gray and cloudy. What a welcome home. I think we may go back next week!

I didn't get a lot of pictures, we were having to much fun, but I did get a couple shots.

Brody with his cozy pillow
Mia with her not so cozy pillow
Fun times at the pool. We all really miss it!
Mister suave, he cracks me up!
So Scott sent me some pictures. He was finally able to go off the base and explore the town he is in. I thought I would share.

He took us out to lunch with him, so sweet!

Yummy!

Nasty tentacle, and stash! He thought he would try and see if he could grow one. He can, now he has to shave it before I will kiss him! Yuck! (and brush his teeth really good!)

So that is an update from us. Now we are off to the movies. See ya!

5 comments:

Marilyn said...

I didn't think we'd ever get summer here but we've finally had sunshine and warm weather this week so maybe it will come to you soon.

Bryce said...

At least Scott doesn't look like Liz anymore, she Naired hers.

Scott and Jenn said...

Hey, I'm the older one, so she was trying to look like me. I don't think she has a chance now.

Erika said...

What's worse, cold and cloudy or puke? Just putting it into perspective...

Stan said...

I'd say cold and cloudy. Glad to see you guys got out a bit. If we had timed it better we could have met up with you in Moscow. (If on your way back you saw a white suburban pulled over, that was us). As for the 'stache, (http://www.newbelgium.com/files/shared/goose.jpg) bears a striking resemblance.