Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Good Times

Yesterday the kids and I were able to head across the mountains to a place called Ensign Ranch.  Scott's Aunt Shayla and Uncle Owen are serving a mission there.  They invited us to come over to go and ride horses.  The kids were so excited.  When we first got there Owen took us around the park and we had some golf cart races, he won.  Mia decided she would try and drive one while no one was looking.  Not a good idea, but the Mia and the cart came out fine.  We found a rope swing, and Owen spoiled us with ice cream.  After that we were able to take the horses out.  It was a lot of fun to see the smiles and panic on the kids faces. We just went on a trail ride that lasted almost an hour.  I am glad it wasn't any longer, I don't think I would have been able to walk.  As is was I had a hard time standing.  I think the stirrups were a little to short and my knees were killing me.  It was worth it for the smiles on the kids faces.  Thanks Owen and Shayla for the great time!










On a side note.  We have a friend interested in Scott's motorcycle.   Well before Scott left he didn't have time to take the gas tank to get it all cleaned out.  It had a ton of gunk in the bottom of the tank that kept clogging up the carburetors.  Well I was finally able to get it done and put back together with some help for an awesome guy in our ward.  Well Dustin (the friend)  came over to take it for a test ride.  I hadn't put gas in the tank yet so he did, and all the gas came out and spilled on the ground in the garage.  Come to find out one of the gas lines had come off.  So Dustin went to get a new gas line and clips and put it on.  He goes to put gas in it again, and gas comes pouring out the side again!  I now have 2 gallons of gas on the garage floor and a headache to boot. One of the gaskets was missing from the bottom of the tank. I could not find the gasket anywhere.  To get a new one cost $80, guess what I found tonight after already ordering a new one. Yep the dang gasket.  It makes me wish that Scott was here to put his bike back together because the 3 of us who were working on it have no skills.

 

 

After speaking with Scott on Skype and showing him the gasket I found, it was the wrong one.  Sheesh




2 comments:

Lorinda said...

that you would even be able to attempt working on a motorcycle amazes me! Ensign Ranch looks like it was fun!!

Jalene said...

I too am impressed that you worked on the motorcycle, hence confirming that you are "Super" woman! :)