So Mia was pretty upset that we didn't go on our date Friday night. I was just so tired from the long week. I told her that we would go on a Saturday Lunch date. I ended up taking her to get her first pedicure. She was so excited and so cute. I think she may be addicted to them now.
I didn't have my first pedicure until after Mia was born. I really don't like feet, and the thought that someone would do pedicures for a living was beyond me. I didn't want to subject anyone to my feet. I remember for my birthday one year, Scott got me a gift certificate for one, and I never used it. What was I thinking. Once I got over my foot phobia (someone messing with my nasty feet) I have enjoyed every pedicure since. Like I said earlier, I think I created a monster. Emmi said she would even go to get one if I really wanted her to, so we are going to go for my birthday.
Kaleb and Brody are finally free from fevers, and knock on wood us girls have been able to stay healthy. I am so excited because tomorrow I am headed down to Oregon to visit my good friend Teri and her family for the 4th of July. I am so excited to see her and another one of my long lost friends...the SUN! She said it was going to be in the mid 70's the whole time we are there. It is going to be perfect!! Now I just need to remember to pack the camera.
Speaking of the 4th , today in church we stood and sang "The Star-Spangled Banner" During the last verse, I lost it. Tears were streaming down my face. I am so grateful to live in this free county (in my little bubble of course) and to have a loving husband who is willing to be away from his family for so long in order to keep the freedoms that we have. I am grateful for the freedom of religion, and I am grateful for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and for the Book of Mormon. I know that this Church is the restored Church that was on the earth when Christ was here. I know that by living the standards of I have been truly blessed in all areas of my life. I know we have a prophet that is alive today to help guide us in these trouble times. I am just grateful for everything that I have.
1 comment:
We love you! Dad and mom D
Post a Comment