So much has happened in the last two weeks. The kids, my friend Shannon and all drove down to Boise for the "Daniels" family reunion. I really wanted to fly to Italy and spend time with Scott, but Mark (Scott's brother) decided to buy our car and taking it down that weekend seemed to work the best. Scott said he would definitely take me to Italy when he didn't have to be there working, I am holding him to that promise!
The Family reunion was great. Jalene did an excellent job hosting, and I have to say that the "Ship to Shore" game was my favorite. Every time I watch the video I bust up laughing. The kids have been playing it here since we have been home, it is awesome! Now if I could just figure out how to get the video on the computer. I think it may be time for a new computer, I have been having a lot of problems with the one I have, or it may be that I am not computer literate. Hehehe
| Katelyn and Ethan look so excited to be here! |
| This water fountain was a hit! |
Last Monday the 23rd, Kaleb had to be up bright and early to head off to scout camp. His first year. He was so excited to go, I was so not excited for him to go. He looks to little to be going off to camp for a week. On Thursday I received a phone from his Scout leader. I started to panic, why was he calling me, was something wrong, what happened. Well everything was fine. There was a Family BBQ the next night that we were invited to and Kaleb had told him that 2 adults and 3 kids were going from our family. He was just calling to make sure that was correct because he knew that Scott was gone. I informed him that is was correct, that I have a roommate/house-sitter/friend that would be attending also. When we arrived at the BBQ, we saw Kaleb and he was as happy as could be with the biggest smile on his face. He wasn't home sick and was having the time of his life. He completed 3 merit badges; First Aid, Swimming, Environmental Science, and he is almost done with fishing. (he just has to actually catch a fish and gut it.) I am so happy that he had such a good time, and was able to accomplish so much.
Saturday was a date day. Since we were in Boise, Emmi didn't get her date, and Mia really wanted her date. So Emmi and I went go-cart racing. It was a blast. I totally got something in my eye, but still beat out Emmi all 3 times! Emmi had a great time too, you should have seen the huge smile on her face afterwards. Mia really wanted to go to the dollar store, so off we went. She came home with bubble gum, a jump rope and 2 puzzles. She was super happy, what more could a girl ask for. I had suggested that we just go on a date with just the girls, but Mia did not want that to happen. She said she just really enjoys just the two of us. I have to admit, I do to and I am sure Emmi enjoy it just being us.
Today I dropped Emmi off at girls camp. I can't believe that she is a third year already. Time flies. She has been so excited to go, I hope that she has a really good time. I will be picking her up on Friday to start our month long road trip. The kids are super excited and counting down the days, and I am starting to dread it. It wouldn't be so bad if I had another adult going with me, but the thought of driving over 6000 miles by myself is very daunting. It is a good thing I love my kids and don't want to disappoint them, so off we go for another adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment