Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Blackberries!

One thing I do love about here is the blackberries.  You can go anywhere and pick them for free.  The grow everywhere.  So a couple of Sundays ago, it was beautiful outside and the kids, the dog and I all went to pick some blackberries.  In about 20 minutes we had about 8 cups. When we got home the kids each wanted to make their own blackberry pies, so I let them. 




They turned out so good.  I made a big pie that I took over to a friends house the next day.  She had invited us over for a Chilean feast. It was fun.  I am getting more excited to move to Chili, but also more terrified.  The kids and I have a Spanish Book of Mormon that we have been reading out of along with the English.  Last night Brody was pretty upset because he said is sounds like gibberish and that he doesn't understand it.  I told him that I felt the same way, but soon enough we would.  We keep praying that we will be able to pick up the language fast and I feel that by reading in Spanish that it will help us all.  Wish us luck!

No comments: