Saturday, October 6, 2012

Just another Day

I am so grateful for General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I always feel uplifted and ready to make myself a better person. 

During the second session I was watching a friends son when she called and said that she had put her keys in the backpack that we had brought home with us from soccer.  Kaleb, being the great son that he is, kindly road his bike to the soccer fields to take my friend her keys so that I could watch the last part of conference today.  On the way home however, he ended up in a fight with a cement wall, and his bike.  He walked the rest of the way home, put his bike away and came inside with blood all over his right arm and left ankle.  He was being super brave with trying not to cry when telling me the story while I cleaned up his wounds.  I am just grateful that he didn't break anything, and only got some road rash.  It could have been so much worse.



On a lighter note, I had Mia go check the mail.  She brought home a package from Amazon.  We love packages from Amazon.  In it was another rubics cube for Scott, the new Piano Guys CD, and a new book; The Mark of Athena.  My kids were so happy and were fighting over who got to read the book first.  Brody got first dibs.  While he is busy reading away, Emmi had to find another book to read, and Mia decided to just play with her toys.  I love my kids, they make me so happy.  I am so grateful to have all of them in my life.  It would be pretty boring if all of them were not in my life.  I guess things may be a bit easier sometimes here at home while Scott is away, because I have 4 little pieces of him that make me smile and laugh everyday.











No comments: