Saturday, December 1, 2012

Party Time!!

So I am a big believer that kids (or spouses)  will prove you right. I figure that by telling my children how awesome, smart, kind and amazing they are, they will prove me right.  Well Scott tells me everyday, at least 20 times a day that I am crazy.  I believe that last night, he was proved right.

 Our kids wanted to have a going away party with their friends, one last day of just fun.  A date was set and invitations were handed out.  Last night was the kids party.  Besides our family, 35 kids came and went between the hours of 5:30-8:30. Most were here the whole time.  Eight large pizzas were devoured, 6 litters of soda, a gallon of milk, a platter of veggies, a fruit salad, 2 batches of caramel corn, a huge bowl of muddy buddies, and a plate of cookies later I had 35 kids (39 including my own)  sugared up and ready to party.  They played capture the flag, a balloon pop game, relay of dressing up and using chopsticks to eat m&ms, and had a ton of laughs.  My house was too small and the noise level too loud.  Who knew that 10 teenage girls could be so loud,  (even one of the younger girls said "I hope I'm not that loud when I am their age) and that my house would smell like a boys gym locker room, phew wee!

My kids have some really great friends.  I am so grateful we were able to have them all over, so grateful when they all helped to clean up afterwards, and so very grateful when they all went home!  I didn't realize that my kids were so popular and loved.  We are all going to miss our Oak Harbor Friends so much, but I know we will make more amazing friends on our next adventure.  How blessed we are to have such great friends all over the world. 

 Here are just a few pictures from the night.











Thumbs up for a great time!

4 comments:

Daniels said...

What a SUPER mom. A night to remember for the rest of their lives. Love you all. Grandma & Grandpa D

Scott and Jenn said...

Yep, that's my amazing wife and my awesome children.
-Scott

Jalene said...

You are CRAZY! But the good kind!

Lorinda said...

wow! looks crazy and fun!