With the move coming up we debated for a few days, but finally decided to put in the application for him. I filled out the application and handed it to the lady behind the counter so she could proof it. She looked over it and said everything looked fine, but I would probably not be approved because I answered the questions on where he would spend the days and nights as outdoors. They don't usually approve people who want outdoor pets.The next day I wrote them a letter explaining why I wanted an outdoor dog and asked them to attach it to the application. We didn't hear anything the next couple days, so finally today I called to find out if the application had been processed.
It turns out we are unfit to be dog owners :-(
I'm sure they will find him a great home with some apartment renting people with no yard who kennel him all the time.
6 comments:
that doesn't make sense! you guys would have been a great family for him.
First of all I'm SHOCKED that you guys would want a dog! But I'm not completely shocked that you were found unfit. Just joking....this is the sadest thing I've heard. Good luck next time.
What is sad to me is that this dog is more protected than a child in foster care. It is a dog, that needs a good family. What a stupid rule.
This is exactly the type of beaurocratic crap that drives me crazy--which is why we usually don't even look at the humane society when we are picking out dogs. Not even an ounce of logic is present in an argument like that.
WOW! The reason to go to the humane society is to get the dogs out of "JAIL" let them roam and be happy! He looks like he would have been a great dog. He will go from one cell to the next!
Sorry to hear that guys. We had a very similar situation here except we could not have a dog because we did not have a fenced back yard... even though we lived next door to the equivalent of a dog park.. that didn't matter. Sorry again! Wait till you get up here, that way you do not have to worry about traveling with him just yet.
Post a Comment