Thursday, July 12, 2012

Keeping super busy

So much has happened the last two weeks.  Where to start. 

For the 4th of July I took the kids down to Oregon to spend it with our friends the Burgi's.  While we were there, we saw another friend, Nicole that we hadn't seen since Mia was 9 months old.  It was so good to spend time with all of them.  We had great weather, great friends, great food, and great adventures.  Who could ask for anything more?  (Ok maybe me, I would have loved if Scott were able to be there, but a man has gotta do what a man has gotta do.) 

 

 
 
 
 

 After returning from Oregon we have been busy hanging out with friends, working in the yard, piano lessons, tumbling classes, and Twilight Scout camp for Brody.

On Monday, a friend had a Doctors appointment and asked if her 4 kids could come play.  They came over and then I received two texts from friends asking if I wanted to join them at a local pizza place.  So what is a girl to do except load 8 kids in the van and head over to the Pizza Place for lunch.  I am pretty sure I am crazy.  Scott tells me all the time, it is starting to sink in.  I heard a saying once that went something like, "your kids will prove you right"  I am just proving Scott right.  (Although I am not his kid, I feel like it fits) 

Mia started a tumbling class.  She loves it!  She wants to do tumbling now instead of soccer.  I am totally fine with that, as long as she has fun.



Brody started his twilight Scout camp.  It is every night this week from 5-9.  He has made a sun dial, a tool box, archery and BB gun shooting, even making a bulls eye!  I am happy he is having such a good time.

Yesterday was my Birthday, and it was pretty good.  I woke up at 6:30 and went running/walking with friends.  When I came downstairs, I saw that someone had decorated the house.  Come to find out Emmi woke up at 5:15 to decorate so that it would be done when I got up to go workout.  She also made the most amazing cake ever!  I told her she can cook from now on.  I have gotten in my deployment funk where I just don't feel like cooking anything.  I feel a little bad for my kids (but not bad enough yet to cook) because the usually get some good healthy dinners, now they have been eating yucky food.  Cup o noodles, mac and cheese, corn dogs, pizza, you get the idea.  Emmi did say she would cook the rest of the summer if I cooked when school started again.  I suppose I can do that.  She is in the process of making her menu and shopping list.  Amazing girl.



So Scott sent me a birthday present.  It arrived in a huge box that was delivered to my neighbors house, and the boys had to go get.  It took both of them to carry it home.  It wasn't very heavy, just 13 pounds.  When I saw it, I had a pretty good idea of what it might have been.  You see after Scott left, I had gone to Costco and saw a huge teddy bear, I put in it my cart thinking it would be a good thing to cuddle with.  I put it back because I thought it was just silly,  I didn't need a big teddy bear, I am a big girl.  Well I had mentioned this to Scott.  He remembered and when I opened the box, there was a giant teddy bear.  It sure brought a smile to my face, all the kids were wanting it and offered to trade their toys for it.  I took a nap with it, but it gave me a kink in my neck, and took to much room on the bed, so now Mister Teddy Bear is sitting in the corner of my room. 
 

 









3 comments:

Chiko said...

The gift story and Emmi decorating made my allergies act up a little. Glad you guys are having fun.

Chiko said...

And oh yeah, my bad. Happy belated birthday. It slipped my mind with preparations and commencement of wog day. Not that wog day was more important but you know how forgetful I am...

Lorinda said...

Very impressed by Emmi. So cute that Scott got that bear for you! The good news about the kink in the neck....at least Scott knows he won't be replaced by a teddy bear!