So Thursday at work was really rough for me. For the last week or two I've been stressed to say the least. I was in the stage of flights called "Review Stage". Basically, the flights are flown off instruments, simulating we are constantly in the clouds. The instructors must really get bored because they are constantly messing with the student flying. We have everything from simulated engine failures, fires, electrical failures, etc. Most approaches are done with one engine purring along at idle, simulated shut down. These lead up to our final check ride...and yes, I finally passed that flight.

As a reward for all the pain we have our "Airnav solo" flight. Two students are given a plane for the day and we fly out for lunch somewhere without an instructor. For mine, we flew up to Houston. I bought this $1.00 t-shirt and had a $1.00 lunch.
I know, I know, rough day at work.
Oh, and I only have one flight left. YEAH!
1 comment:
Congratulations on getting this far. Just keep telling yourself "one flight farther away from a 50's vintage metal desk" if you need any more encouragement. Congrats again and thanks again for putting me up for the weekend.
Post a Comment