5 am wake up call.
Mia: "Mom I just puked in my bed and it's all over me and my pajamas. Can I take a shower in you bathroom".
Me: half asleep still. "Sure" (the kids shower is still not working at this point, but Mr. Handy Man came this morning and fixed it, Yay Handy man!)
I try to fall back to sleep, but she can't get the shower working right. I have to get up and get it going for her. For those who know me, I am not a very nice person when I am awakened early in the morning, especially if it is by a puking child. Scott is the one who always gets up and takes care of it. I was nice though, and decided it would be best for all of us if I just leave the pukey sheets until later. I didn't even get mad. I just get back to sleep when Mia gets out of the bathroom and leaves the door open and the light is shining right in my face. Arrrggg. I get up and shut the door, just fall asleep again when Emmi comes in and asks for me to curl her hair. She had asked me to curl it on the last day of school, and I told her sure. What was I thinking! I told her to give me 30 minutes. On the dot she is back in my room at 6:30. It takes me another 10 minutes to will myself out of bed.
I am up curling Emmi's hair when she says, Mom I think I'm going to puke. So with her hair almost done, she is on the floor hugging the toilet. As any good Mom would do, I get the camera and take a picture. That's what she gets for getting me out of bed. hehehe.
She doesn't end up puking, and stands up for me to finish her hair. I am about 3 curls away, when she says, "Mom I don't feel so good, I can't see, everything is going black" I told her don't pass out, I have the curling iron in her hair, desperately trying to get it out before she falls. She at this point is on the ground. I get the curling iron out, and she is all flushed and green, lying on the floor. You see, she has to go to school today, she was getting an award for not missing any days of school. I remind her of this, and after a few minutes she is up, and we finish her hair. (Mom of the year right here!)
Emmi ended up going to school, I think she was just dehydrated. After I finished her hair she came down and ate a banana and drank some water, and she was back to normal. My kids don't drink enough water. It is a new rule in the house that they have to drink 3 water bottles a day from now on.
Here is Mia on her last day of school. Don't let the picture fool you. I should have sent her to school, she was up eating and jumping around after 8:30. I am glad it wasn't an all day sickness, and that she is feeling so much better.
The boys wanted Mohawks on the last day of school. I was really trying to get out of my promise to them that I would do that, but they would not let me out. So I shaved their heads. They actually looked kind of cute. I told them they could keep them until Saturday, and then they were getting buzzed again. No way I was going to let them go to church with them.
Before
After
Kaleb and I had our date night on Friday. He wanted to eat at the Jumbo Buffet, and go play video games and see who was better. Hmm, it isn't me. I think he just needed an ego boost and knew I was an easy target. Well we get to the buffet place and tell him to eat up. I so did not get my moneys worth with him. I think he has the smallest stomach ever. He had 2 plates, and one was half jello. They made money off of us that night. We drove to the gaming place, but all the stations were being used, so we ended up just renting a game and a movie to bring home. The game was wipeout, and I lost terribly. Kaleb loved it. Good times.
Normally I don't allow my kids to play on electronics, they might get an hour a week if they are lucky. The reason for this is that they fight terribly after I let them play. Saturday was no different. The boys were invited to go bowling, so I asked them to turn the game off and get ready. You would have thought I told them to clean the entire house! About 15 minutes before we are needed to leave, the boys are trying to kill each other, I am not sure why, I don't want to know, but that is unacceptable. So they got to stay home and do yard work in the rain. They also don't get to play on electronics for a week. I know, mean Mom.
Today there was no electronics, and no major fighting. They were playing so well together, I loved it until I tried to get a short nap in. Note to self, don't try to take naps it won't happen and then you will just be grouchy the rest of the day. Kaleb ended up getting bored and cleaned his room without being asked. That was a first, but I was so happy that he did that.
I can't think of any other blog worthy stories. Scott just really wanted to see pictures of the boys haircuts. So here you go Scotty.
3 comments:
I love having an amazing wife. Thank you for the post. I could post too, if you want to see sand, sand and more sand. :-)
Wow, what a crazy last day of school! Love the haircuts. I would never be brave enough to do that. I'm a mean mom, too, so we're in good company. :)
I love hearing all your stories, even if it's mostly for Scott!
Post a Comment