Saturday, June 2, 2012

Soccer Champions!

Today was Soccer Fest, which means that it was a tournament for all the teams who did well during the soccer season.  Brody's team was in it, and ended up playing 4 games today.  Needless to say they creamed every team that they were up against.  I have to say that the last game was my favorite.  They were down by two, which was very hard on some of the boys, because on the other games, the teams they played only were able to score 1-2 goals and they were usually up 3-8 points.  Anyways they had no points and were feeling down in the dumps.  They have an amazing coach who kept telling them that they were doing fine, and that they were playing great soccer and to keep it up and that those efforts would pay off.  He had a great positive attitude that finally rubbed off on the boys and they ending up coming back in the second half with a score of 5-2.  It was awesome!!!  Let me also say that is was a crappy day to be playing soccer.  It finally got up to 56 degrees and stopped raining this afternoon.

Brody played with a great group of boys, and their team work was amazing.  I was so happy that Brody was able to be on such a great team.  It helped him improve a ton in his soccer skills this season, and I actually enjoyed watching soccer for the first time in my life.  Way to go REBELS!!




Score!!



The U-10 Champions!!  Way to go!

On a side note, this morning Brody was supposed to  be on the fields by 8:15 and he was late because of me taking to long to get ready.  Anyways here was our conversation on the way there:

Me:  Brody, sorry you are going to be a few minutes late.

Brody:  That's ok Mom, I would rather be late with a Mom that smells good than be on time with a stinky Mom.

Me:  Haha, uncontrollable laughter here.  Well that's good, I think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. Good thing he doesn't have me for a mom because more often than not I am on time but stinky.