So I don't know what is going on with me, I blame it on Scott being gone, but I can not bake a thing! So in a previous post, I shared my wheat bread failure. Well now I have failed at trying to bake banana bread, cupcakes, and almost burned down my house trying to fry some lumpia. I have never been this bad so consistently. Yes I will try something new and sometimes it isn't good, but this is terrible. Any suggestions would be great, because I am about to give up on cooking and baking! I better get at least some cupcakes right, I have 36 to make by tomorrow for a friend for her sons graduation party. I have already thrown away 2 dozen. How do you mess up on cupcakes? Sheesh. Wish me luck!
On another note, Kaleb came up to me a couple days ago and told me that he didn't have a good feeling about going to Scout camp this year. I have always been leery about scout camp. It goes back to when I had an uncle who was on a scout camp out and fell off a cliff and died, and also when my younger brother was out camping and almost died. So I was thinking well maybe he is scared that something like that would happen. I told him to pray about it some more, and when the time got closer we would discuss it. Last night he came up to me again and said the same thing, I just don't have a good feeling about going. I again asked why. Now let me back up a little bit, before Scott left he gave all the kids fathers blessings. In Kalebs blessing he talked about him having to fulfill the role of the man of the house, and to be aware of my needs along with his siblings. Back to the story, it finally came out that he felt he should stay home in case anything were to go wrong when he was away. He said with Scott gone, he felt like he needed to stay home and take care of us. I love that kid. He is willing to sacrifice his first year of scout camp to take care of us. He wasn't scared that something might happen to him while he was away, but wanted to be here in case something were to happen to us. Dang Kaleb made me cry! (ok it's not really hard to do these days, but still!) What an awesome son I have. I guess Scott and I are doing something right. I have to say that I think all my kids are amazing, and I am so happy that they are turning into such great little people and young adults. I can't believe in 3 weeks I will have two kids in mutual. Wow, how time flies.
Million meter challenge update. Scott is doing awesome, he is pulling 5-15 miles a day. I can barely move let alone get miles in. Dang Insanity dvds. I think he is ahead 30-35 miles. I don't think I will beat him in this challenge, but I will at least complete it before he gets home.
1 comment:
Have you checked your oven with a thermometer, maybe the internal temp isn't the same anymore? Just a thought.
Post a Comment