Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What a Great Start to Summer

When Kaleb returned from his back packing trip Saturday, he came home running a fever of 102 and coughing.  Poor kid told his scout leaders that he wasn't feeling very well Thursday, and when Brody came home on Friday they asked him if he wanted to come home, but he said that he could make it until Saturday.  What a trooper, running a fever, camping in the pouring rain hiking 10 miles with his pack and everything getting soaking wet, he said he would still go again.  This is not my child, he is all Scott's kid. 

Friday night is usually my date night, but Emmi was babysitting and it was her turn to go out with me.  We postponed it until Saturday night.  When Kaleb came home so sick, I wasn't sure I wanted to leave him to go out, but the look on Emmi's face when I suggested it said I needed to take her.  She said is was fine, but she almost starting crying.  Who new that not being able to go on a date with me would be something to get upset about.

After drugging Kaleb up and telling Brody and Mia that  I had my phone with me and  I would stay close to home if they needed anything, Emmi and I went off to a fine dinner at Arbys.  It was interesting going there, it was my second job growing up and it brought back a lot of memories that I shared with Emmi.  She had no idea that I had ever worked there.  It has been 17 years since I had worked there.  It made me feel really old, and made me think about how fast those years have gone.   I digress.  After dinner we decided to go to the playhouse and see the play "The Man From La Mancha."  It was surprisingly very entertaining.  Emmi and I sure laughed a bunch and if you bring up the Gypsy scene, Emmi will get grossed out and start busting up laughing.  You should ask her about it.  It is quite humorous.  It was so fun to be able to go with her, and I was so happy that we went.  We came home Kaleb was passed out on the couch, Brody and Mia were fine, and the house was still up.  Who could ask for anything more.

 

Sunday Morning Kaleb was still running a fever, and Brody woke up with a 103 fever.  The girls and I went to Sacrament, then came home to take care of the sick boys.  What better thing to do to pass the time on a Sunday afternoon than to play a game of Twister.  It was so funny to watch the kids play.  Afterwards, the boys were in need of more meds, and passed out.


 




Tuesday Morning comes and the boys are still running 101-103 fevers.  I made them doctor appointment for that afternoon, and guess what the doctor said.  It's just a virus, and they look like they are doing just fine.  Well they were high on Motrin, so when we were there, they were bouncing off the walls, not acting sick at all and no fever. (arrg)  The doctor did say that if they were still running fevers on Friday to bring them back in.





I made them shave their Mohawks off before we went to the doctor.

Today I had to take our car to Burlington to get some work done on it.  (Scott and I decided to sell it if anyone is interested)  I told the kids last night that if they wanted to go, they need to be up and ready by  8:45 am.  Starting at 6:30 and every 15 minutes after that a different one would come in a wake me up to ask me something.  I think they were excited to go.  I was so tired, and I really don't like mornings.  Finally at 7:30 I got up to get ready because I was getting grumpier by the minute.  Let me just say, They Never want to go to Burlington with me!  I think they were getting stir crazy sitting around the house for so many days.

We were up in Burlington all day, and about half way through the day I see Brody and his eyes are all glossed over and I feel his head and he is burning up.  I thought we were done with the fevers after last night, but Brody informed me that when he had gotten up this morning he had already taken some Motrin because his fever was 102.  If I would have know that, I probably wouldn't have taken him.  So we stopped by Target to get some meds and drug him up.  While we were there Kaleb decided that he wanted to look for a birthday present since it is tomorrow and he had his birthday money already.  (I can't believe my baby boy is going to be 12!)  He has been wanting a Nook tablet thing and has been saving all year.  Well he was $10 short, and found a camera that he ended up getting.  It is pretty cool, I might have to borrow it from him some.  It is even water proof, so awesome!  After getting Brody drugged up we headed over to an ice cream place (Coldstone) oh my goodness they are expensive.  Emmi had a gift card, so we all got something.  Brody and Kaleb still aren't feeling very well and ended up throwing more than half their ice cream cones away.  I was so sad, because they cost so much, and also because they were not able to enjoy them.  I sure hope they are feeling better tomorrow, because I was planning on taking them to Vancouver B.C. to the aquarium up there.  We haven't been to Canada since we moved back up to the Northwest.    I am crossing my fingers that they will be all better.









No comments: