Saturday, November 24, 2012

3 Questions

I know I have been slacking on the Question of the day,  Even Scott has noticed, and started sending some to me.  Sheesh  So here are the last 3.

What are 20 things you are Thankful for?

1- My amazing wife.  She is strong, independent, and sexy.  She isn't scared to buy or sell a house, move, or do a month long road trip while I'm away.  On top of that she is an amazing cook, extremely compassionate, and would give you the shirt off her back if you were in need.  She is a wonderful mother for our four children and has raised them into amazing children.
2- Four amazing children.  I am in awe with my children.  Emmi is such a great example to me, in nearly every way.  Kaleb has a great sense of humor, his stories are hilarious.  Brody is such a great older brother for Mia, those two are best buds.  Mia gives the sweetest heart-felt hugs ever.
3- Parents who were willing to discipline me, love me, challenge me, and still, to this day, are a good example to me.
4- My nine siblings who all helped make my childhood unforgettable.  I have so many wonderful memories from my youth; Jennifer loves when I share them.
5- Jesus Christ.  Because of him we know the path we need to walk, and have the option to be made clean and can return home to our Heavenly Father.  Without him we would have no hope.
6- Temples.  I will always be grateful for the gift of eternal families.  I can't think of anyone I would rather spend eternity with.
7- The gospel.  Through it I know I will have the opportunity to be reunited with my family members who have passed from this life.  I am looking forward to meeting my Grandpa Daniels, and for Jennifer to meet my Johnston grandparents.
8- America.  I am so thankful I was raised in such a great nation.  Even though I am worried about the direction it is headed, I am still grateful for the opportunities it has afforded me.
9- My home.  I am grateful that no matter where we move we have always managed to find a good house and turned it into our home.  I am grateful for the warmth and love within those walls.  I am grateful for the reprieve I get while there.
10- Date nights.  I am grateful for my wife who insisted on date night.  I am even more grateful that while I've been deployed she began having date nights with the kids.  They LOVE it.
11- Blessings.  I am grateful for the commandments and guidance given by the prophets.  Following these have provided us with so many blessings.
12- Volunteers.  Our church runs on volunteers and service, from the bishop to the nursery teachers.  I am grateful for people who are willing to accept those callings.  I know they have, and are helping me.  They are also instrumental in the lives of my children, through achievement day girls, young womens, and both cub and boy scouts.
13- School teachers.  I'm glad there are school teachers, but I am thankful for the school teachers who love to teach and love their students.  They affect so many lifes.
14- The internet.  Without it you wouldn't be reading this and I wouldn't be able to skype with my wife.  Yes, I'm thankful for phones too.
15- Aircraft.  I love airplanes and they have kept me employed over the last 19 years.  Even more, I love being a pilot.
16- A well paying job that allows my wife to stay home and be the mother our kids (and I) need. 
17- Trials.  No, I'm not saying I want one now, but I am grateful for the trials I've had and how they have helped shape me into the person I am today.
18- Prayer.  No matter where you are, what is happening, or how far gone you think you, our loving father is waiting for us to call to him.
19- The priesthood.  I am grateful it has been restored to the earth and for the opportunities I have had to use it.
20- My life.  I am grateful for the opportunity I've had to experience life, become a husband and a father.  I hope I have many years left, to grow old with the love of my life, Jennifer, and to play with our grandchildren (and maybe even great-grandchildren).
(Scott)

1- My husband.  He is my best friend, and there is no one else I would rather spend forever with
2- My children.  The are a joy in my life (most of the time, hehehe)
3- Indoor plumbing,  I can't image what it would be like to have to poop in the woods for my whole life. 
4-  Instant hot water.  I love my hot showers
5- The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints.  I am so grateful to have it in my life.  It is truly a blessing
6- To be able to be a stay at home mom with my kids.  I am grateful that I don't have to worry about having to work, that I can be home when my kids get home, and be here when the are getting ready in the morning.
7-  My Friends.  I have amazing friends, my life would be pretty sad without such great friends
8-  My parents.  The made me, and raised me to be a leader and not a follower.  They are pretty amazing.
9-  My siblings.  Life would be pretty boring if they were not in my life. 
10-  My In-laws.  The raised an excellent guy, are are pretty amazing themselves.
11- Modern conveniences.  They are pretty cool, and make my life a lot easier.
12- My home.  It doesn't matter where we live, the house is always turned into a home, and I am grateful for the roof over my head, the hot water, the warmth that is inside.
13- The Sun.  I love the blue skies and the Sun that shines in it.  I always feel more motivated and happy when the sun is shining. 
14-  My body.  I am grateful for a body that allows me to do all the things I want to do
15- Good music.  I love listening to music, it helps me to feel happy and uplifted
16- Books.  I love to read, and I love learning, and books are such a great source of education. 
17- Skype.  It allows me to see and hear my loved ones who are so far away.
18- Moving-  I am grateful that we move so often.  I am able to meet some wonderful people, and be able to learn so much about the different places we live. It also helps me to purge and get rid of "stuff"  I don't need.
19- The military.  It has been good to me.  I am grateful that I don't have to worry about whether or not a pay check is coming or not.  (For the time being anyways)
20- Jesus Christ.  That he so unselfishly gave his life for me.
 (Jennifer)

If money were no object, what is your dream job?

I would choose to operate a ranch for troubled teens.  I would love the opportunity to take these youth in, kids who feel unloved, unwanted, and useless.  I would put them to work so they could learn what it feels like to accomplish something.  I would expand their world through interacting with the animals on the farm.  I would build their self worth through praise, trust and love.  I would love the opportunity to try and make a difference in their lives.  If it only made a difference in one life it would still be worth it.  I guess I like the thought of taking a person written off by society and helping them realize their worth and become a benefit to society.
(Scott)
 





There are so many things I would like to do, personal trainer, dental hygienist, brain surgeon, financial planner, the list goes on and on.  But if money were no object, I would still choose to be a stay at home mom that would be able to take the whole family and travel the world every summer so that they would see what they were learning in their books in school.  I feel like I would make the most impact in the world by raising good, respectful, honest, kids, that would hopefully choose to do the same thing.  So there you have it, a summer traveling stay at home mom.
(Jennifer)


10 Pet Peeves:

1 - Lifetime welfare recipients. The welfare system should provide
temporary assistance to those in need, but generations are growing leeching
the welfare system (and our economy) dry.
2 - People with a sense of entitlement. Everyone is of equal worth and the
law is universal, you are not excluded.
3 - Whining. I understand things are hard and unfair, but whining about it
to everyone won't change a thing.
4 - Lying. Nothing "gets my goat" more than being lied to. I will never
understand the people who seem to lie about everything. They can't even
tell the truth with things that don't even matter.
5 - Closed minded individuals who force their views on others. I like to
determine why others believe the way they do when we disagree.
6 - Vanishing Christian displays. Jesus' birth became Christmas, but now it
is the "holiday" or "winter" break, and "holiday trees." Why is it OK to
offend the Christians by making them give up ground when others just keep
taking and taking? If you don't like the pledge of allegiance because it
has the word "God" in it, don't say it, but don't make me stop.
7 - "Emergency" people. You know what I'm talking about, the people who
think their crisis is the most important thing going on in the world and
they want you to drop everything and bend over backwards to help them. This
would be fine if it was a crisis and it didn't happen multiple times every
week.
8 - People who throw plastic or Styrofoam products into the campfire. I
know, I know...so minor, but it's true and it's my list.
9 - Hypocrites. Sure, there are good people who mess up...that's a mistake.
What gets me are the people who will stand and provide lip service about
something, but already has plans that contradict what they just said. Ex -
establishing an alcohol limit, then exceeding that limit the same day.
10 - People who take advantage of others, especially when they find
enjoyment in it.
(Scott)

1- Having to remind my kids to do things that they do everyday.
2- Bad drivers. If you are in the fast lane, you better be passing.
3- "Pretend" Friends. "Friends" who say the will help you out, but when you ask they are nowhere around.
4- Negative People. I can usually find a positive in all situations, it really bugs me when some people only focus on the "glass have empty"
5- Being Lied too. It tells a lot about who you are when you lie
6- People who have the bass so loud in their car that I can feel it in mine.
7- Being late. I really don't like being late, or having people show up late to my house. It's about respect, people.
8- Parents that let their children disrespect them, and they just let it go.
9- When my kids have friends that come over and trash my house. Clean up after yourself. I sure hope that my kids clean up after themselves when the are at someone else's home.
10- The neighbors dog that takes a crap in my yard every day! So frustrating. I seriously want to shoot it.
(Jennifer)

1 comment:

Lorinda said...

So fun to read! Love it.