Sunday, November 18, 2012

Another Q.O.D.

I know you have missed the Question of the Day, so here you go.
What are 20 Unique Traits about yourself.

1- My left big toe is "interesting" after my lawnmower accident in high
school.
2- I have done the splits once in my life, and it broke my femur (when I was
2 1/2 years old).
3- My earliest memories include 1) a picture of Disney's "Butch the Bulldog"
a nurse drew me when I was in the hospital for my broken femur, and 2) the
area around West Yellowstone, which I recognized when we returned for a
family reunion when I was about six.
4- I love being a husband and a dad, it is the greatest and most fulfilling
job in the world.
5- I love to fly.
6- I am usually very laid back, not the stereotypical "Alpha" male in my
line of work.
7- I am turned off by women who use tobacco products, I find it extremely
unattractive.
8- I love the outdoors, the mountains, the wilderness. There is beauty and
peace to be found there.
9- I came from the best family in the world, as Jennifer likes to call it,
the "Beaver Clever" family.
10- The high bridge of my nose and deep-set eyes make it difficult to find
good sunglasses, but especially swimming goggles.
11- I grind my teeth in my sleep, and chewed through my first night-guard in
a matter of weeks.
12- I love rock climbing, mountain biking, etc, but I don't like to do this
things alone.
13- I function fairly well while deprived of necessities: the week with
virtually no food in SEER school, lack of sleep, etc.
14- In high school I started writing in all capital letters because my
penmanship was so terrible. Didn't help that much. :-)
15- I tend to live life all in: once I make up my mind I am committed.
16- I take pride in being reliable and a man of my word. I try to never
lie, to anyone.
17- I am blessed with viewing material possessions as "things" and don't get
overly attached. It helps keep my priorities in check.
18- In general, I am a cheapskate. I am usually unwilling to spend money,
even for vacations, sometimes to my detriment.
19- I tend to place others needs before my own, and even my families.
Thankfully I have a wife who will recalibrate my time when needed.
20- I love rural and small towns over cities. I love the friendliness,
values, and the pace of life. I dislike traffic, crime, and the impersonal
feel.
(Scott)

1- I don't like feet, except little baby feet. Large, hairy, adult feet kind of gross me out.
2- I love most candy and desserts of any kind, although they make me sick when I eat them. That doesn't stop me though, I still eat them.
3- My Idea of a nice relaxing evening is reading a book by a nice warm fire on a cold and dreary night, cuddled up next to Scott, drinking hot chocolate.
4- I am usually always cold. I sleep with an electric blanket on almost all year round.
5- I love it when people play with my hair. It relaxes me and puts me to sleep.
6- I hate exercise, but do it anyways because I feel better after I do.
7- I pick my toenails. It is a really bad habit that I am working on improving.
8- I didn't finish college. I was 2 semesters away from my associates degree. I wish I would have finished.
9- I was a nobody in school. I run into people that I knew of in school, and they have no clue who I am.
10- I find myself hilarious. The other day I was walking into the store and I thought of something that I found super funny and started laughing at myself.
11- I must be crazy after my last comment, I may need to be committed one day. At least I will still be laughing right?
12- When I was younger I always wanted to be a singer and a gymnast. I still love to sing, and belt it out in the vehicle on a regular basis, much to my kids dismay.
13- I speak what is on my mind, sometimes to a fault.
14- I don't like the taste of soda.  Usually the only time I drink it is when I am traveling.  The caffeine in it makes me stay awake for a very long time.
15- I have started to be a clean freak.  With trying to sell our home, my kids have noticed that I get a little upset when the house is not picked up.
16- I like to read recipe books and then make the yummy food I find, and eat it.
17- I love spending time with my family, especially with Scott.  He is my best friend, and I really enjoy his company.
18- I love babies.  They are so precious.  I also love to give them back to their parents.  I am going to make a wonderful Grandma, and spoil my grand-kids like crazy, then give them back to their parents and take a nap.
19- I love the sun.  I have really missed seeing it lately.
20- When I was younger, I wanted to be a brain surgeon.  The brain fascinates me.
(Jennifer)
 

1 comment:

Lorinda said...

So fun! Thanks for sharing.