So I came across a pin on pinterest that had many different questions so I thought it would be interesting to see what Scott would answer. So I send him a QOD (question of the day) and figured I would post mine and Scott's answers on here for posterity
First Question:
Three legitimate fears, and why:
First - my biggest fear would be
one of my kids or my wife die while young and I am left to live my life
without them. I guess you could say this as much physical as it is
spiritual. The thought of going through life without one of you tears
me up, but the thought of going through eternity without one is even
harder to imagine.
Second - War. In the world we live there are
wars happening all over the place. I am out here, deployed, on the
other side of the world. My biggest fear is we are going to be involved
in WWIII in short order. I really would love to serve my country and
never have to take the life of anyone else. I know if the time came I
would do my duty. People talk about shooting a ship or submarine with a
missile or torpedo and get all excited over it. I think to myself how I
would be responsible for the deaths of the hundreds of people on
board. The thought of war is ugly and I don't want any part of it.
However, I do this job because someone has to do it, and I trust myself
to do it correctly. Also, I would rather I be fighting the war than our
kids.
Third - I have a fear of heights. I also have a fear of
being buried alive. I know, I know - I go rock climbing and I go into
caves. Just because I do it doesn't mean it doesn't scare me. When I
was a kid and we would explore caves I was always worried there would be
an earthquake and the cave would collapse, trapping me inside. Worse
than being trapped inside is the thought of being pinned so I can't
move. Guess you could say I am claustrophobic. As for heights, the
cable cars that would take you across the park in Lagoon used to scare
me to death. I was always afraid the cable was going to collapse and I
was going to fall. Similarly, when I take a chairlift, some of them get
really high and it scares me. Yes, I can control those fears and I do
it anyways, but it really scares me.
(Scott's answers)
1- Having my husband die and leaving me here to raise the kids all by myself. Deployment is one thing, I have an idea on when Scott will be back, but the thought of him never coming home is terrifying to me.
2- Drowning. I have this fear that I will be driving across deception pass bridge and there will be an earthquake and I will be driving on the bridge when it crashes into the water below and I will be stuck with the kids in the car and not be able to get them or myself out. I don't like the thought of watching my kids suffer. or me not being able to breathe.
3- Getting caught in a fire and burning to death. It seems like a horrible way to die. I guess the thought of having to suffer immense pain before my death scares me. So I pray that I will go peacefully in my sleep. :)
(Jennifer's answers)
So I never realized that Scott had such a fear of heights, he rock climbs as often as he can, and goes up skiing as often as he can. Who knew, not I.
10 things I would tell my 16 year old self:
1 - Life is worth living. 20 years down the road you will be so happy it will all make everything worth it.
2 - Work on your testimony because when you leave home you will no longer have your family support.
3 - Go on the Thanksgiving trip to Arizona with your family, family is that important.
4 - Every choice you make deserves thorough consideration and thought. Pray about everything.
5 - After you pay your tithing, pay yourself.
6 - Regardless of what path you take, remember the Lord has a plan for you and wants you to be happy.
7 - Your wife and kids are amazing! They make every day extraordinary. Take the time to plan things to do with them.
8 - Take your wife to the temple as often as possible.
9 - Be romantic, court your girlfriend until you are married, then continue courting her as wife. You can't be too passionate when you propose, so go all out.
10 - Take your wife on a wonderful honeymoon. After that, continue to date her weekly. She will be the greatest joy in life, and she will be with you forever. It will be worth it.
(Scott)
1- Save your money, don't buy something unless you have cash to pay for it.
2- Be nice to your husband, it will make you and him a happier couple
3- Remember who you are, respect yourself
4- You will have some tough choices ahead, always ponder and pray before you make any big decisions
5- Take Spanish in high school
6- Finish your college and do better in school, it will be worth it in the end
7- Be a better sister, Kristina needs you
8- Don't be so judgmental, no body is perfect including you
9- Keep exercising, make better food choices, you will thank yourself later stay away from sugar, it will make you sick
10- Study the scriptures always, they will have all the answers you are looking for.
(Jennifer)
2 comments:
Thanks, Thanks, Thanks, Dad D.
Seriously love the QOD.
Post a Comment