Friday, June 29, 2012

My Little Boy is 12!

Kaleb had his 12th birthday yesterday.  To celebrate he asked me to make him a "crazy cake"  It is my favorite cake.  It is a homemade chocolate cake with a cream cheese mixture, a pudding layer and topped with whipped cream.  It's not the prettiest thing, but it sure taste awesome!  It is going to be the death of me.  I am trying so hard to not eat so many sweets.  I even threw away Ben n Jerry's ice cream.  The bad thing with this recipe is that it makes 2 cakes.  With Brody still running a fever, none of our friends wanted to come hang out, not even for crazy cake.  Anyways back to the birthday boy. 

 

He wanted to go up to Canada to the aquarium up there.  I wasn't sure I wanted to go because of Brody still running a fever, but Brody didn't want Kaleb not to be able to go because of him.  So off we went.  (Sorry people at the aquarium if we got any of you sick)  What we saw was pretty cool.  It started to rain about 45 minutes after we arrived, and after an hour and a half Brody was done.  So I promised them we would go back when everyone is feeling better. 







Next time when I go across the boarder, I have to have a signed note with a contact number for Scott.  Who knew that us going into Canada without Scott would be such a pain.  I informed the agent on duty, that we were just going up for the day, and that Scott was in the military, and currently deployed..  He looked in the car to make sure we didn't have any luggage, and said "Well I believe you, so I will let you in, but next time you need a signed letter."  Like I would ever run off to another country with all the kids and not come back.  If anything I would leave the kids with Scott, and flee the country by myself!  Just Kidding.... well today anyways :-)

So I thought this was a funny picture.   Only in the Northwest do you see people wearing socks and sandals, my kids now do this.  Oh I can't wait to get to some warm weather again! .

7 comments:

Scott and Jenn said...

Nice sandals! BTW, what are you doing out of the kitchen woman? I kid, I kid. But seriously...

Daniels said...

come on out we are hitting 100 about every day

Emily said...

you let your children go out like that?! ;) oh dear.... you do need warm weather. at least it is more acceptable when younger kids do it, than when adults do it. (if you're going to wear socks, just put shoes on... it defeats the purpose of the sandal)

Scott and Jenn said...

I am counting down the days!

Scott and Jenn said...

Dude....good thing you are so far away right now. I kid, I kid....no I don't.

Scott and Jenn said...

I know right!

Anonymous said...

Still with the fever? How long will this go on? Hope it isn't anything too serious. That's pretty funny that you have to have a signed letter. Do you feel like a little kid needing a permission slip? And if you want warm weather, come join us. I am sweating in my house every day since we are in the 90's and just a box fan to cool us off.