Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Another month gone

Sheesh, I really haven't been on the blogging ball.  So much has been going on this last month, that when I actually get time to myself, the last thing I want to do is get on the computer.  (unless of course I get to Skype with Scott)  Where to begin??

The only day of October that I didn't have something going on in the evenings was Monday nights.  I love Monday nights, the kids and I were able to just hang out with each other.  It was really nice to know that on Mondays we wouldn't have to gone anywhere. 

Tuesdays Emmi had piano lessons.  She is getting so much better, I actually enjoy hearing her play. She has decided to take a break from piano until after we move.  I am a little relieved because that is one less thing to go and do.  It also helped that her piano teacher is moving next week. 

Emmi came home one day with a new shirt on.  I asked her where she got it, and she informed me that her math teacher gave it to her for answering a difficult math question right and the fastest in the class.  She now has to wear the shirt every Thursday, because she is now part of the Mathlete club.  Pretty cool.





Mia had 2 field trips in October.  The first one was down on the south end of the island (about 45 minutes away)  to an outdoor classroom.  Mia insists that I go with her.  Anyone who knows me, knows that I hate to be cold.  It was so cold that day.  I had my hot chocolate, little hotties hand warmers, gloves, hat, and umbrella.  It was a miserable day for me, but Mia had a great time learning all about the different kinds of salmon, and their life cycle. Her next field trip was to the roller barn.  That girl loves to rollerblade.  I think she did 90 laps.  The most of any kid or adult there.  I was one of the few adults that actually put skates on.  It was fun chasing Mia around the rink, and having a ton of little 2nd graders come to hold my hand and skate.  What can I say, I am just a little kid at heart.  I am also grateful that I am able to be a stay at home Mom so that I can attend these field trips with my kids.  I had a few children come up to me and say that they wished their mom or dad could be there.  So thanks Scott.

We made caramel chocolate apples one day with some friends.  They were so amazing!  This is what Mia looked like after eating one.



Brody finished up his fall soccer season.  It was a pretty good season, there team only lost one game the whole time.  His coach was amazing, she was always so positive and just plain awesome.  There were a couple of ball hogs on his team, so Brody wasn't able to score any goals until the last game.  His coach also had her 2 sons coach as well, and on the last game of the season Brody's team was playing against the son's team.  Well the son wasn't able to be there, so Coach River ended up coaching both games.  She asked if anyone was willing to play on the son's team because the didn't have enough players.  Brody volunteered.  He scored the first goal (and his only goal of the season)  and I was so excited!  He just played it off as no big deal, but I knew he was super happy.  He told me at the end of the game (they tied)  that he was a winner no matter what team he played on, he also said that he would take the snacks from the team that had the best snacks.  What a funny kid

Kaleb is keeping busy with scouts.  He had a camp out and service project last month.  It rained the whole time.  Let's just say he does not take after me.  He had a fantastic time, and came home all wet and muddy.  Gotta love those camp outs.  He knows that he is responsible for packing and unpacking all of his camping gear, and so far so good.  Kaleb's scout leaders love him, they are always telling me what a good kid he is, and how aware he is of those around him that may be having a hard time.  Kaleb is always cracking me up.  He is one funny kid.  I should just do a blog with all the funny things and sayings he comes up with.  He makes me belly laugh everyday.  I am grateful he is in our family.

Halloween was fun this year.  Mia wanted to be piglet, but ended up looking like a bunny.  That's what I get for trying out homemade costumes this year.  The boys were both Ninjas and Emmi decided she was too old to dress up and go out trick or treating.  She stayed home to hand out candy.  Only 2 people came to our house the whole night.  She texted me after about an hour, and asked when we were going to be home because she was so bored.  Poor girl.

We have put both our homes up for sale, and our truck.  So far no luck.  We did have an offer on our Texas house, but it was pulled because the buyer's didn't have enough money for a down payment.  I have had a lot of showings on our Washington house, but no bites yet.  The kids have told me I am OCD about keeping the house clean.  I think they are right.  It is really hard to keep a house in good "showing" condition with 4 kids and a dog. I feel like I getting it looking really good, and then they all come home a their stuff seems to puke all over, so I may get a little crazy until they clean up after themselves.  They have gotten better though.

I was able to take a day and head to the  Seattle temple.  I have to say that it was the most spiritual, emotional and uplifting time I have ever had at the temple.  I haven't gone as much as I should.  Other things always seem to get in the way of making it down.  I am so grateful I was able to go that day, I really needed it, and was able to receive so many answers to questions and prayers that I had.  

So there are a few things we have been up too lately.  Hopefully it won't be another month before I get around to updating the blog.


2 comments:

Daniels said...

Thank you.
Hugs and love, Mom D.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates. So good to hear from you. You decided to sell the truck?!?! Russ said he saw it on facebook and that it was HUGE, so he wasn't sad that you were selling it. We love you and keep you in our prayers.